Saturday 3 January 2015

Sweet Little Birdcage

 



Good Morning Ladies,
Well here we go the first card of 2015!
I used a sheet of My Minds Eye Lost & Found Blush Card as inspiration,
I decided to go with a birdcage theme, I made me think of Spring!
I cut a Marianne Birdcage Die and some pink card, cut the die and folded the
door of the cage back to open, I then decided too to use lots of foliage, the foliage
is Impression Obsession Leafy Sprig and fern dies, I used some flowers from
my stash and the tiny ones are impression Obsession Tiny Flowers, I cut it from the same
card as I used to matt and layer with to tie the colours in, they also match the swags on the
top of the paper, I added a little more foliage at the top of the cage and another little flower
and a little tag, saying 'With Love' from my stash. I matted and layered on to the two colours
of pink that I used I the cage and flowers, please let me know what you think.
There are two more pictures below, showing a close up of the foliage.
The card size is approx. 7 X 7 inches.
I look forward to hearing your comments.
Love and Hugs,
Sandra
xxxx
 





12 comments:

  1. Morning Sandra, What a beautiful card, so sweet.
    Out all day today so up early.
    Hugs Theresa (TOB)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra. I seem to have lost a day somewhere and missed yesterday's post. Wow - your craft room is so organised, lots of tips on storage - thanks.
    Today's card is so sweet, I always love your finishing touches of flowers and foliage. Have a great day whatever your plans. Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Sandra. What a beautiful card to start the New Year off with. It's fresh and yes spring like. Love your design and your flowers and foliage are wonderful. Your are like my sister Patricia and get your flowers and foliage to look so real. Enjoy your day. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra. This is lovely card, and your flowers and foliage finish it off beautifully. I really hope we can get together during the next week. It feels like so long since we got together. Have a good weekend my lovely. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sandra, love the bird cage coming off the bunting and the array of flowers are so pretty.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card Sandra, so very beautiful and such a lovely one to commence the year with, a promise of summer and warmer weather ...well we can dream can't we? I love the delicate shade of pink too
    With love
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra happy Saturday.
    You, like our Sue really know how to brighten a dull misersble day. Such a pretty happy card today. I do love the flower posies you put together.
    Have a lovely day one and all. Off to see our Lynda, Patricia and Hazel, and see if our Tina E has one of her specials.
    Hugs.
    Lancashire Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra,a very pretty card to start 2015 so fresh & spring like love the shades of pinks you have used & your flowers & foliage you always make them to look so real.Enjoy the rest of the weekend my lovely Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra
    A simply gorgeous card today. I do love the birdcage, foliage and the flowers. Mind you, you know what a big fan I am of your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandra, what a lovely card, so bright and cheerful and enhanced by you beautiful floral touch. I love it.
    Thank you for brightening what has been a very dull day. Love Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandra, Beautiful card ! I can't stop looking at the little birds sitting on the bunting, are they made by a stamp? also your small flowers are lovely. I'd like to have a go of making my own one day, will have to look for some tutorials.
    Wish you good night, have not slept for two nights so hoping for some shuteye tonight... Hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete