Monday 17 November 2014

Monochrome Monday

 Good Monday Morning my lovely craft friends,
Todays card is made using the gorgeous Striplet Dies from Creative Expressions, designed by 'our Sue'!  I cut a square out of Coconut white card and die cut it with the striplet die without the cutting edge, I then put foam tape on the back and added to a mat of black card covered with double sided adhesive sheet and sprinkled with Iced snow ( I would have used Ebony Ice but didn't have any at the time)!
I used my favourite California Collection to make the focal element of the card layering plain black with black covered with Iced snow and
white card in alternating layers'
 added some flat back adhesive black pearls to the corners of the card and along the die cut parts of the card. I added another mat of white card and a silky crush ribbon bow topped with another bow made of black twine and a black pearl brad through both bows. You could probably lose the bow and the card could be masculine I think, let me know what you think.

I would love you to leave me links to your blogs so that I can pop along and support you too!
I hope that you all have a great week ahead, don't forget to stop by again on Wednesday for the next instalment, I may even post the picture that Paul took of my first ever stall at (that) craft fayre!
Crafty hugs to you all,
Sandra xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Another WOW card, to think you have used the same dies as yesterday even using your striplet the same way, but how different the two cards are? Using the different coloured card, and changing the way you have used the California die. I love it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra. I agree with Hazel. Two such different looks that are both beautiful, so clever : ) I am just about to email you and Pat about meeting this week. Take care. Mrs B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra, I also agree with Hazel you've used the same as yesterday yet the result is so different. This card is really stunning and I love the monochrome effect. You are so talented, thank you for sharing this lovely design. Hope you're having a good day, love Brenda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra,
    For some reason every time I came on to your blog your last card for me was on Oct 10th and yet today I came over and I've missed 3 or 4 card postings....ooooh my PC does have funny turns at times.....just like it's owner!! Lol.
    Anyway I have to say your cards are stunning and you are so talented and your cards should have flown of the stall at 'that' craft fayre....still it was their loss. Have a lovely day. By the way I don't have a blog I'm just on photobucket but I don't know how to put a link here.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Sandra
    A lovely card love the monochrome. So sorry I didn't contact you when you offered but I didn't know how to then things went down hill very very fast. Just one bad thing after another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra. What a beauty. Sorry I didnt pass by yesterday, it was manic. What with a hospital apt then loads of typing and printing in prep for market this Sunday, then trying to remember Sue's 2hrly launch, remembering at some point that Andy may need some dinner, I was head spinning right up to 6.30 last night, anything after that is a blur lol.
    Hope you managed to find time to check out a few market sites because these stunning cards need good homes : ) then you can treat yourself to even more of Sue's new collection, how's that for incentive ?
    Have a lovely Tuesday, is it Tuesday ? Yep !
    Hugs to all.
    Lancashire Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra, another wow card love the monochrome colour, as the others have said the striplet die used on both cards looks so different with different colours love it. Sandra I don't have a clue how to send you a link to my blog,I can only get on mine by clicking on my name from Sue's blog. I now have your blog on my following list. Can you help please.thank you my lovely friend. Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete