Good Monday Morning Ladies,
Welcome to the start of a new week, another very hot one by the look of it. So not planning anything much, I'll be next to a fan at all times, with a 'cool towel' around my neck! 🤣
I think we will be reminding ourselves of this this week.
Paul woul point at this and say 'I told you ' as yesterday I had planned a lazy day as I got very little sleep, I was still awake at 5am !! By that time I was too wound up and frustrated to relax enough to get to sleep.
I had brunch and was sick of having the large tray on the end of the dining table with half of the houseplants still on it, so I started to sort through them, sat and trimmed all of the dead and dying leaves etc off, I was delighted to see that the poinsettia perked up !!!! 😁 It took an hour to sort through them, some needed repotting, so I did that and then got paul to help me return them all to there original locations. This took me until midday *ish*, I then cleaned the table where the tray had been, noticed the windowsills had flies and dust on from the local farmers harvesting, causing crazy Sahara like dust and thunderfly clouds. While I had the cleaning wipes out I cleaned front of fridge, then nipped to bathroom and remembered that Pauls shower head and pipe needed descaling in Citric acid solution, so that was next, when I filled kettle I noticed it needed descaling too, so added citric acid to it when it boiled, left it for 20 minutes and used that to descale the shower head ( 2 jobs for 1 dose of Citric acid) 👍
Thankfully it was late lunch time, so we sat for an hour or so, decided on lasagne for dinner, so after lunch I started prepping that, with Paul's help of course, I made a lovely cheese sauce for it too, from scratch, we prefer cheese sauce to bechamel as it gives more flavour, I finally sat down on decking at 6.45pm !!! Hopefully I will sleep tonight. 🤞🤞
I made today's card on Thursday, I think, it may have been Wednesday 🤷♀️
I discovered that my old Owls House collection had the same background papers as the new White Christmas collection, so I decided to combine the two and make a card.
I took a piece of lighter grey patterned paper that had snowflakes etc on, I added some stencilling using a script font stencil, then layered onto darker grey paper and onto a cream card base as there wasn't much white in the papers. Once I was happy with the background I picked out bits from the junk journal, die cuts and some fussy cut bits.
You can't really see it but there is a branch going across the page that the owls are perched on, I built the rest of the scene around them after browsing for some inspiration. I was happy with the finished card. I will add a sentiment when I know who it's going to.
I hope that you all manage to stay cool and comfortable,
My love and hugs to all of you
Sandra xxx


No comments:
Post a Comment