Good Thursday Morning Ladies,
Another warm but bearable day yesterday, I did some crafting in the morning while Lucy went to get her wrist looked at, she was gone about an hour or so, so not too bad, they bandaged her wrist up, told her that she needs a dual support brace to prevent her wrist bending up or down, they apparently had run out, which is why they bandaged her up, they showed her which one to buy, gave her a referral for physio and told her to go to GP if problem persists, our surgery currently has NO bookable appointments that aren't the daily urgent ones, that's up to end of August. Its ridiculous. All 4 of our children have Hypermobility in pretty much all joints, I have it too, I don't think Paul does though. Hypermobility can cause problems in joints because of the over flexibility meaning extra strain on wrists, knees etc, they kept asking Lucy what she thought it was that was causing the pain, lucy replied if I knew I wouldn't have taken up your time, they seem to think its like RSI, from scooping the hard icecream every day. I have said that she should maybe delegate that job for the next week or so to allow her wrist to rest. We have ordered the Wrist Brace, fingers crossed it arrives today.
We had a lovely lunch out, which lifted her mood a little x
Another brilliant reminder, you are all incredibly important ❤️
I used Stamperia’s Classic Christmas collection for my journal page today, I took a piece of background from the Art Journal, then dry brushed some white paint onto the paper added some splatters and did some stamping, then I used Brown ink through the Classic Christmas stencil..
I added some Coffee ink on opposite corners and then got on with choosing the ephemera to create my focul cluster.
I took a label and added some stamping and an eyelet and popped some twine through it. I used this as my starting point, next came that little recipe card, then the pile of gifts. The gifts were floating so i added a border strip along the bottom, I roughed the edges of all the ephemera and added brown ink too. A few flowers added some prettinesz, the candy canes added some height. The final flourish was the 'joy' sentiment and white splatters.
Karen: I can't believe it's been a week since your surgery, hopefully you are back in your craft room now, Paul was back doing light work a week after his, I think its sensible to do short sessions to start with. Paul hated the eye drops but continued them past the necessary time 'just to be sure'. I bet your fingers are itching to create.
Lilian: I am so pleased that you are getting that knee sorted, although it might get uncomfortable in a heatwave. I do remember having to shower in the 'Hibiscrub' wash, it felt horrible, I didn't have to do it for than 2 days though. The clean bedsheets every day seems a bit excessive, especially as you are antibacterial washing every night. They have some crazy ideas these days! I hope you aren't suffering too much after the dentist my lovely XXX
I hope that you all have a great Thursday,
My love and hugs to all
Sandra xxx



Beautiful journal page and yes we are so important I hope Lucy’s wrist heals OK When I had physio they created a splint for both wrists that I used to have to wear at night
ReplyDeleteOscar has hyper mobility too and up to really recently couldn’t tell you if he hurt himself when he fell etc
I hope to get into my craft room for a short while today We’ll see
Take care everyone xx