Monday 31 October 2022

One Stamp 2 ways Challenge card

 


Thinking of you/Thank you




Christmas

Good Monday Morning Ladies,

Here we are on the last day of October, I know I say it every month this year but how is it possible that we will be in November tomorrow??!  I am not ready in my mind to even think about organising for Christmas!  Although it will be a quiet one for us, only Lucy & Sophie will be here on Christmas day, they work from Boxing day so it will just be Paul and I, Becca and Adam are working and then they are going to Adam's Parents as they were with us last year and Adam's twin is Backpacking on the other side of the world so Adam wants to be there for his parents which is lovely.  Matt & Alex only have Christmas Day off together so I always encourage them to spend it together, I know that Matt loves to cook too so it's even more special to him.  It used to bother me that they weren't all here on Christmas day but I thought back to how Paul and I wanted to just be together on our own on Christmas day so I quite understand that that's what they would want to do.  Plus having everyone here last Christmas was exhausting, I remember collapsing after lunch and not moving off the sofa until bedtime!  What are you ladies all up to this year, are you going to family or are they coming to you?? 

Today's cards are both made using the SU 'Winter Woods' stamp set, I used the little trees to create a Christmas scene back in 2018 and I don't think I have used it since, so I dug it out yesterday and chose a selection of Distress Oxide inks to give an 'Autumnal' look,  I used Gathered Twigs (tree trunk) then a mixture of Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Carved Pumpkin and Mowed Lawn to create the autumn leaves look to the trees. It was easier to do in the stamp platform as you can go back and add extra bits of colour where needed.  I matted and layered my stamped trees onto matching card, adding a layer of copper mirror card to add some lightness to the whole card.  To finish I used some skeleton leaves, now my skeleton leaves are huge so I used a smaller leaf die and come them down, getting three or four leaves from 1 large skeleton leaf.  Now I tried gluing the leaves but the glue showed, I then remembered my Wax seal kit that I bought months ago, so I fetched it all out, I was surprised at how quickly the little was pieces melted, I mixed a red/copper colour wax with a piece of gold wax and it made the perfect colour, I tried a couple of attempts as I was too scared to tip the warm wax on my card, but I just went for it, yes you can see that the seal was upside down but it's an organic design so it doesn't matter, right?!  Anyway I was pleased with how it turned out and I think this would make a lovely 'Thinking of  You card.

I hope that you all have a lovely start to the week,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful way of showing how versatile stamps can be
    I need to use my wax seal but whereas your “seal” can look organic (in fact I like the angle these twigs are) mine would look totally wrong because it’s a “K”! I always “make” them on a heatproof mat as I am too scared to do directly onto the project That way if it hasn’t worked the wax can be scraped off and used again
    Bekonscot was lovely We used to visit there a lot when we were children and dad was playing cricket in Beaconsfield It has everything a town/village would have It made me smile that the figures were in 1930’s dress and a few were a little bit worse for wear On the whole they were generally in good nick
    Off to work now Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your cards today - the stamp is very versatile.
    Beautiful cards yesterday too 😊
    We arrived home early evening yesterday. The journey wasn’t too bad, although we had torrential rain at one point and then sunshine! We had a great time and Edinburgh is a beautiful city, I only wish we could have stayed longer.
    I’ve not given Christmas much thought either. I did manage to get a couple of bits for the boys while we were away, so I feel pleased I’ve at least made a start! However, I know it’s going to be a last minute dash to get things, as it always is. Must try harder next year 😉😂 I shall be working over Christmas, so no specific plans here.
    Hope you all have a good day whatever you’re doing.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello All, storm Cludio has arrived in full force, the wind and rain is horrendous, trees down already.
    Sandra love your cards, just shows what can be done with one stamp.
    Have to go for a Doppler test tomorrow, hope to start my challenge cards when I get home.
    Hope you all keep safe, during this terrible weather. Lilian

    ReplyDelete