Monday 11 July 2022

Karen's Mixed Media Journal Page

 


Good Monday Morning Ladies, 

Did you all enjoy the weekend?  Lilian did you enjoy the Tennis? 

Brenda how are you feeling today, are you over the worst of the virus?  I know the exhaustion can go on for weeks, I do hope you are on the mend. Sending love and hugs your way XXX 

We decided it was going to be too hot to go to looking around a National Trust property so we had a day in the garden, which was lovely.

We had a productive day, we got the rest of the bedding plants put in, it was too hot to do anything much though, I did the positioning of the plants and let Paul put them in, afterwards we sat and put our feet up and had an Icecream, which was much needed and very much deserved. 

Today's project was designed by Karen, who very kindly allowed me to share this incredibly inspirational Mixed Media piece early.  I did start something Friday but ended waiting ages for Gesso to dry, these are the moments I miss the Aga, I got used to just popping things on it and having them dry in minutes! 

Karen's Description:

"A bit of mixed media for you using AALL AND CREATE stamps and stencils I wanted to try masking off part of a card and to use a fine liner to trace around too I used fossilised amber, spiced amber and fired brick

Butterfly is triple embossed It gives it a lovely glossy finish and intensify the colour (Staedtler Noris Aquarell pencils)

Black cotton underneath the butterfly and a few splats with a yellow Posca pen."

Karen I love your Mixed Media project, the panelling you have created by drawing in lines with  Fine Liner is an genius idea, it draws your eye across the whole card,  so you take in every bit of detail.   Your butterfly is coloured PERFECTLY,  I love the colours that you have used,  it must have taken you ages to colour.   The Triple embossing definitely makes a difference!  Which Mask did you use for the middle panel please?   You must be so pleased with how amazing this piece has turned out, I would be super proud if it was mine!  Thank you so much for inspiring me and for allowing me to share your piece today XXX

I hope that you all manage to stay cool today and enjoy the lovely weather, 

Sending love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx 


6 comments:

  1. Morning everyone
    Love this beautiful card made by our Karen. That stamp is so useful and the colours you have made it in does make it look even better. ♥
    I don't know about you but last night was not a good one and the temp is already high so I won't be doing too much today. All windows are open but not much of a breeze around. Going to check in with the 'kids' later. Son who not liking the heat at all is in for some tough months. They have found a place to work at tho that have air con, a nearby Ikea with free internet πŸ˜„
    Take care everyone. Big hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing my card I quite enjoyed making this in the end I was faffing around wondering what to make The Through the Meadows stamp set is my favourite set and one I have used the most This does have other stamp sets on too
    It took about 5 mins to colour the butterfly 🀣 I enjoyed triple embossing and do it a lot these days on smallish focal images We did it at Watford last time we met up
    I am certainly going to rest this afternoon OH is sunbathing and I’m in the bedroom Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandra and ladies, sorry I’ve been AWOL ,I have been totally knocked out by the Covid virus. It’s been over two weeks now and although I am no longer positive I actually feel a total wreck and still have a dreadful cough also I’m still spending a lot of the time sleeping. So hopefully that explains my absence.
    Did have a treat yesterday, daughter who lives locally - the family got a puppy two weeks ago and John took me over to see her although we didn’t stay too long, She is absolutely adorable and loving all the attention she is getting, her mum was a Labrador and dad a poodle so not sure what she should be called. Confused comes to mind!
    Karen I love today’s card it’s so bright and fresh, a real inspiration, thank you for sharing it with us.
    I hope everyone is well and keeping safe.
    Take care everyone love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Oh Karen, I absolutely love everything about your card, it’s beautiful 😍
    Brenda, sorry to hear you’re still feeling so unwell πŸ˜• This heat probably doesn’t help either, take care xx I think the puppy is a Labradoodle 🐢 I bet she’s really cute 😊 What have they called her?
    I hope you’re all having a good day.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have called her Frankie (granddaughters choice) she is so cute and affectionate

      Delete
    2. That’s a lovely name 🐢😊 xx

      Delete