Saturday 12 December 2020

Mixed Up Saturday featuring Michele's Magazine Review



Good Morning Ladies, 

As you are reading this we will be on our way to Colchester, we are aiming to be there early morning so that we can get as much done as possible so that we don't need to go back again (although this might be a little ambitious).  Mum doesn't have a lot of furniture so it shouldn't take too long, the hard thing will be the little things that have memories attached to them. 

Janet has shared her latest piece of Stitching with us, such a beautiful Cushion cover, I love the amount detail, look at the ivy leaves they even have shading, the colours are so bright and vibrant too.

Janet's Description:

Here is my latest piece of afternoon stitchings. 

It is as you can see a cushion cover which I purchased off a well known internet site. It was sealed and had everything needed to make the complete cover.

A variety of stitches -long and short/chain/stem/and french knots.

It  now sits in the chair in the bedroom.

Thank you so much Janet for sharing your latest creation with us XXX


Karen 


Here is Karen's latest Crotchet Cute Critter, it is a gorgeous Nemo fish, from Kerry Lord's latest book 'Ocean'.  It looks so realistic Karen, it must have been so fiddly with it being small, but so worth the effort, I can imagine a load of these hanging on a mobile, so cute for an 'under the sea' themed room.
Thank you so much for sharing him with us Karen XXX

Michele's Magazine Review


Hi Ladies,

Simply Cards & Papercraft has a great set of Dies & stamps this month as the free gift. These are made to coordinate with the set from Diecutting Essentials I reviewed a couple of weeks ago.



Here’s some ideas of what’s inside the magazine.





First of a few features using the free gifts.




More ideas, for various occasions.



Great to see some inspiration for men’s cards.



Party decorations & invitations.



Love the Happy New Year card.



This calendar looks great.



Here’s how to create the calendar.



Interesting feature using wax paper & embossing.


The instructions & another card.



Lovely pop up cards.




Beaded slider cards-they look really pretty.



Instructions & another card.



How to make the most of your circle dies.



More ideas & inspiration.



How to create a watercolour background using Distress Oxide inks.



That’s all for this week so
Happy Crafting

Love Michele


Another fantastic review Michele, thank you si much for all the hours you have kindly put into reviewing the Craft Magazines this year, You have boosted their sales for sure!  I really do appreciate your help with the blog my lovely XXX

Ladies I hope you all have a productive weekend,  decorating your homes and finishing your last minute cards etc.   

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra                                                                                  xxxxxx 

11 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Janet-WOW! What a gorgeous piece of needlework, it’s lovely.

    Karen-I love the Nemo fish!!!!

    I’m very glad it’s the weekend as yesterday was so busy plus I had a few problems to sort out. Some I’ll have to deal with first thing on Monday.
    I have a few bit of general shopping to do this morning plus a trip to the butcher’s then I’m going to watch some YouTube videos and play in my craft room.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    Thank you for showing my latest piece of needlework SANDRA.I have to say that my afternoons are becoming a relaxing feature and so really helping me cope while I'm not able to go out and as apart from the few French Knots all the rest of the pattern takes largish stitches.

    KAREN I just love Mr Nimo.He's so colourfull and so just the thing to catch a little one's eye.

    The CAFE is OPEN. Mince pies have appeared in the cake tinlol.HUGE HUGS TO YOU ALL.TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFEXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embroidery is beautiful JANET I feel the same way about doing crochet I find it very relaxing
    Thank you for the review MICHELE I really like the look of this one There looks like some terrific ideas for creating backgrounds for our existing dies and stamps I’m particularly taken with the script font sentiment dies
    Nemo was fun to do - turning the Ocean animals into a mobile is a great idea...
    Take care today SANDRA If you can suggest having breaks with a cup of tea to diffuse tensions even if it means sending your brother or a sister to get takeaways
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & ladies
    I love your embroidery Janet. I wouldn’t have the patience to do that myself. I already need to take my glasses off to do my picot cutting on my parchment. I mentioned that to the optician when I last went. But he thought I’d never be able to do close work with my glasses on.
    Karen I love your Mr Nino you’ve crocheted. He’s adorable isn’t he.
    Great reviews as usual Michele. I like looking at the different things even though I no longer use dies. Well apart from using my picot ones for cutting out my parchment.
    Take care Sandra while your sorting out with your brother & sisters.
    Take care & stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra and ladies
    How are you doing i have read the other comments and agree with them especially about your
    Making appointments for them
    Too store boxes I agree that's naughty of him without your permission. Hope you don't have anymore think your buyer is out of order as you all ready said no.
    KAREN I love your crochet fish.
    MICHELE brilliant magazine in detail.
    JANET your embroidery is stunning.

    SANDRA don't get doing to much you must be worn-out now my lovely. Love Lynda🤗🤗🤗🤗x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Janet, love your cushion cover, it’s beautiful.
    Karen, another little cutie, love him.
    Michele, thanks for another great magazine review.
    Hope today is going well Sandra, and not too tiring.
    Maria, thank you for your lovely Christmas card. The little puppy is just like Barney 😊
    Hope everyone has had a good day. Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra sorry I didn’t get in yesterday but my comment went off into cyberspace Google just not was not working for me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, my friend has just gone off into cyberspace I’ll try. I’ll try once again.

    Janet your cushion is absolutely beautiful you have put so much work into it.

    Karen, I love your Nemo, someone is going to really love him.

    Michele thank you for the review.

    Take care everyone stay safe, love and hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my sixth attempt to make a correction they keep going into cyberspace.
    I haven’t sent my friend into cyberspace - it was my comment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello All

    Sandra hope your day went well.

    Janet your stitching is beautiful, would loved to do this, unfortunately I can’t hold a needle for any length of time.

    Karen love your little Nemo, so cute, it must be difficult to do these tiny creatures.

    Michele great review again, thank you for taking the time to do these.

    I’ll wish you all a good night, Lilian.

    ReplyDelete