Sunday 12 August 2018

Your Challenge Cards




Good Morning Ladies,

Oh isn't it lovely being able to function normally without being out of breath and feeling like you need a shower every half hour. The slightly cooler weather has been welcomed by me!
How are you all finding it?

I won't keep you waiting, here we go with this weeks cards...……


Michele

Michele saw 'Santa's Belt' as soon as she saw this weeks Sketch, so that is the look she went for for her Challenge card, using a Scallop die to create the belt and a Label die for the Buckle.
Such a fun card Michele, thanks for taking part. xxx


 Margaret

Margaret designed two cards for the Sketch Challenge, an Anniversary card using the same colours as I did and a fantastic Festive card too, using some lovely Christmas papers and the sentiment is stamped and die cut with a 'Lots of Labels' die.
It's so lovely having you back in the challenges my lovely, we missed you. xxx


 Lilian

Lilian has been playing with Fantasy Film and 'Angelina Fibres' this week to make some Fairy wings, I like most of you have some of both of these in my craft stash, it really was a huge 'thing' back in the day!  Anyway, Lilian used it to die cut that beautiful butterfly.  I have to say Lilian those papers may be old but my goodness they are gorgeous! 
I bet that at least one, maybe two or three of us will be routing around looking for out Fantasy Film!!
Thank you for the inspiration my lovely. xxx


Lynda

Lynda made a lovely Christmas card for this Sketch Challenge, ooh Lynda I do love those papers you have used, such a lovely shade of blue with little holly leaves all over.  Lynda used a beautiful border die to create that pretty border down the side and topped it with a piece of lovely blue and white lace,.
A lovely card Lynda thank you so much for taking part. xxx



 Val

Val has designed a  beautiful Christmas card for this Sketch Challenge, using a Sue Wilson Poinsettia Border die and a beautiful label die which Val has topped with a die cut circle with the '25th Dec' die cut.  I absolutely adore that gorgeous shade of red that you have used Val, some reds can look really cheap, (in my opinion), SU has a red called Cherry Cobbler, which is a similar shade to the one you have used, I love it and your card. xxx

Karen



Two amazing Blue and white Christmas cards from Karen for this weeks challenge, I love that shade of Blue Karen, your cards are stunning.
Here is Karen's description for you:

 Card1: Here’s a cc SW Lattice snowflakes EF Half letter pressed with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide.  Sentiment was a freebie on a magazine a couple years ago

Card 2: "Here’s another cc It’s the leftovers from yesterday’s card with an old Spellbinder snowflakes die and SW’s Mini Expressions sentiment"

Thank you so much for taking part Karen, your cards are both amazing. xxx


 Maria

Maria, I absolutely love this card, the paper you have used is beautiful and I love that gorgeous green that you have used with it. Your card would make anyone feel better.
Thank you so much for taking part and for the lovely cards you sent for me to use while I am away .xxx

Janet

Janet has also made two fabulous festive cards for this weeks sketch, the first card is in traditional Christmas colours with a lovely die cut tree as the focal point.
The second card is so different and I absolutely love it Janet, that bare branch tree is such a lovely stamp and it works perfectly for both a background and main element stamp.  The magic touch is that piece is hessian/jute, it ties in with the trees, the kraft card and everything.
Thank you so much for two lovely cards. xxx
Sue


Sue has designed a Cute Christmas card for this weeks Sketch Challenge, Sue made this card with a selection of magazine freebies believe it or not! Those papers are gorgeous Sue, so is that cute topper.
Sue, you don't need me to tell you have much I love having your cards on display on a Sunday, thank you so much for taking part again this week my lovely xxx



Hopefully a craft room day for me, I have a lot to organise before I go away next week

Any preferences for this weeks challenge??

Have a lovely Sunday lovelies,

Love a big squidgy hugs

Sandra
xxxxxx








18 comments:

  1. Morning ladies from a very soggy wet Somerset.


    Another gorgeous array of challenge cards with not one the same even though we all use the same sketch.

    My house is now back in order following my Sister and BIL's visit. And so too is my craft room where I shall be playing today. We had some lovely days out with rest days in between, and feel quite refreshed. I make it a 'thing' in that I try not to use the internet or mobiles so I can enjoy my visitors company much more, and it gives me a break too from technology.


    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx


    Hope the weather is better in your part of our beautiful English country,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    from a rather wet and cool morning here in Sheffield.

    Oh how I love Sundays with all the inspiration the CCs give.
    As CHERYL says once again not one resembles another and we all used the same sketch. They really do make a lovely splash of colour on the boards in the CAFE lol.

    I had a very quiet afternoon after a rather noisy shopping morning and this morning I'm thinking of popping down to the Range to stock up on card blanks in preparation for Seasonal card making.

    Oh by the way I forgot to say that I AM DEFINITELY ONE OF THOSE WHO NEED THE CRAFT WARNING and have been for at least oh I cannot remember how many years as I was just as bad when I 'crossed stitch' buying kits and knitted. I couldn't resist buying wool whether I needed it or not so I'm afraid there's no help for me these days.

    The Lunch Menue is Roast Beef so place your orders asap.
    HUGS are on their way to you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet
      I’m one of those as well. I buy things and then find something better. I bought 4 boxes of Spectrum Noir pencils which I’ve hardly used. There no good for blending on Parchment. So I bought Derwent Colorsoft pencils which are. Then I used some blending water 💦 based pens which are great as well. So now all my other pencils are obsolete.shame we don’t have a second hand shop we’re we can take all the crafting goodies we don’t use to sell.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful selection of cards today Ladies. It always amazes me at how differently people interpret a brief, At how everyone creates something so different from the same sketch - Awesome Job ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Ladies

    What a bumper selection of challenge cards today-all really lovely & very different.

    I had a busy morning yesterday-quick trip to the butchers in the village then on into Southport. Met my friend st Dobbies fit a coffee & a chat. Dropped her off then got petrol, finally got home around 1:15. After I’d had lunch I went into my craft room and played!! I made 4 cards and I’m hoping to continue crafting today as it’s very wet here. Thunder predicted for this afternoon so it’s definitely Crafting weather!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s a bit grey here but it is trying to cheer up
    I love looking at everyone’s cards on Sundays I really look forward to it The variations amaze me from Santa’s belt to gorgeous flowers!
    I need to craft A lady at work has asked me to make 6x 60th Birthday cards (for both herself and her mum to use) and 4x Christmas come gift cards They’re not needed until November but I just want to get them out of the way because it’s playing on my mind I need to make a wedding card too
    Hopefully I’ll get a few of them done today
    I really hope PETE gets some help soon PAT
    Take care all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning ladies.
    Oh I do love Sundays when our cards are on show and like you say not one look the same. Well done everyone.
    We have had rain for a few days now and it feel so much better with the temp a bit lower when you can breath and move around without the sweat running. It just typical though it will be a very wet day today when we are off home to my SIL daughter for a BBQ :(
    Cheryl- glad you had a nice time with family.
    Karen- hope you get your cards made, I would shake like a leaf if I got any kind of order to do Lol
    Sue- hope you ok, hugs
    Margaret- lovely see you back to card making, I might bring a cross stitch to AP for you if you like something else to do in between ? hugs for you and Pop
    I better get a wiggle on but let me wish you all a nice day and many hugs.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra and ladies
    A lovely array of cards today. It’s raining here at the moment and had a rainy day yesterday.
    I was supposed to have class with Rosella Cottrill at Evesham a few weeks back Karen. However, she finished with Clarity just before that, so it was with Paul Church. Can’t say I learnt much with him. However, on Tuesday I went to a class that Maria Moorhouse did at Evesham. She’s a fantastic teacher and showed us how to do techniques and had plenty of time for everyone. So I booked another class for Oct. she’s alternating with Oaul so she’s doing every 2 months.
    I’m hoping when Pete’s own Dr rings him tomorrow they do send him for a blood transfusion. His red blood cells were on 80 any lower and Dr Simmons who rang Pete would have packed him straight off. He really has to be careful getting dressed and standing up and walking as he’s liable to stumble and fall. He’s beginning to look very yellow as well. He’s also unable to ear much as it’s making him sick. The urgent scan is because the Dr felt a problem with his liver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your doctor arranges some urgent treatment for Pete when he rings tomorrow. Sending love to you both.x

      Delete
  8. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra a super lot of CC again this week, I am enjoying joining in again but do not feel up to using my Gemini yet, so something with out cutting needed for challenge for me please, maybe Tic Tac Toe would suit. Hope you get to spend time in craft room, I am hoping to do some colouring in with new stamps I tried yesterday.xxx
    Pat it sounds as if Pete needs urgent treatment hope they sort him out asap, hugs on way to you both.xxx
    Maria I will be glad of some more cross stitch to do so look forward to seeing you, I have decided to book a wheelchair to make it easier, at least that way I know I can cope.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello All, after a very wet night, today is dry so far.

    Lovely lot of cards today, think I will stop doing shabby chic, my cards look so dull compared to all of yours.

    Sorry google did not want to publish yesterday, but loved all on display.
    Lovely photo of your son Karen.

    Pat do hope that Pete gets some help soon.

    Busy sewing today making bag for the fairy’s.

    Hope you all are having a good Sunday. Hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lilian
      I hope your feeling better as well. I hope Pete gets sorted out as well. It’s not nice seeing him looking so poorly.

      Delete
  10. Hi Sandra & ladies
    WOW stunning cards again for this Sunday's challenge. All so differant but all lovely.
    Had a nice afternoon yesterday seeing Lisa Ian & Joseph.I swear he's grown taller since I saw him two weeks ago unless I'm shrinking lol.
    Got Margaret popping round in a moment to pick her parcels up from Hochanda.
    Other than that it's craft room when she's gone. I want to do a few more pages in my journal.
    PAT sorry Pete is feeling quit poorly hope he gets sorted out ASP sending him som Hug's & you some too. My you have a lot of unused pencils you should sell them on EBay they will defently sell I've sold some Pro-markers.
    Well Margaret has just pulled up. So have a lovely day Hug's fo you all
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda
      Not to sure about selling them on eBay. Wouldn’t know where to start. Shame you don’t live closer or I’d bring them over for you to do it for me.

      Delete
  11. Hi ladies.
    Wonderful selection of pretty cards today. Good to see some of us are getting ahead with Christmas cards.

    The Sunday Market was busier than ever this morning. We seem to have more holiday makers than ever this year. I bought a couple of every day strappy tops and some fruit and veg and came home.
    Were having to take out smallest, oldest cat to the vet tomorrow. She's being sick all the time and of course can't be sick on the floor tiles which would be easy to clean up oh no, it has to be the settee or the sun bed covers. Hopefully the vet can give us something for her.

    I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday. I've had a lovely few hours making background using the shaving foam technique. Very messy but lots of fun.

    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of fabulous inspiration and I must remember that I can turn a card challenge sketch around next time because there are so many fab designs created like this. Well done ladies TFS :O) xxx

    ReplyDelete