Tuesday 28 August 2018

My second Graceful Glass Stamp


Good Morning Ladies,

I am sharing this card with you today because it is one of my most favourite cards of my recent makes, I think it's just because of this gorgeous colour combination, it just works!
The card is made from another Graceful Glass panel that I coloured with Gorgeous Grape and a mix of Lemon Lime Twist and Granny Apple Green, both lovely shades of green, I used watercolour pencils blended with SU Blender pens to colour the Iris and its foliage, I backed the panel with whisper white card and then used Lemon Lime Twist card as my base card and added a matt of white and then Gorgeous Grape, I used Lemon Lime Twist ribbon and used the same colours to make the tag, which I stamped with a sentiment from 'Vertical Greetings'. I finished the card with some Glittered Gems.
I hope you like the colour combo as much as I do. xxx

We had a beautiful day yesterday, wall to wall sunshine, we spent the whole day on the beach, I was mostly under the umbrella as I got a little bit burnt yesterday, not sure how as I was wearing a long sleeve overshirt/cover up to and from beach and was under the umbrella while we were there, you do constantly move the umbrella though as the sun moves round.
I was able to get into the sea though, at last, a little chilly at first, our saying is 'it's fine once you're in' and it was, I was swimming/floating about for a good hour or more. Paul, Lewis and the girls went in too and on the Paddle Board, they seemed so much more confident this year, it's lovely watching them have fun together.

I think we are going to another beach today, that has pedalo things with slides on, the girls love them, so does Paul, sadly I can't do the slide but I love watching them do it. There is also a long street of the "looky looky" shops that sell holiday tat, bracelets, ash trays, sun glasses, you know the sort, every holiday resort has them.  The girls love it, there is a place that sells freshly made 'Churros' (a long fried doughnut) coated in sugar and another that sells every flavour of ice cream you can imagine.
After popping home to change we will go somewhere to eat, not sure where yet though.

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs


Sandra
xxxxxx



12 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Happy Birthday Sandra-I hope you have a wonderful day today .

    Love the card, nice to see a different shape/size and the colours are gorgeous .

    We eventually got in the garden after lunch-it rained most of the morning yesterday. Did a lot of weeding then hubby cut the grass & Pressure washed the flags behind the kitchen. Not really wanting to go into work but not a lot of choice!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele
      Sounds like you had a productive day in the garden yesterday. Hopefully today won’t be as bad as your fearing. Fingers crossed anyway for you anyway. Glad to hear that your F in L was in good spirits at the weekend.

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA. Have a lovely day whatever the family have planned for you.

    Love the latest glass panel. I love stained glass always have and it's an 'art' form all in itself.

    It's was another typical bank holiday Monday here. Rain all the way and so cold in fact the heating went on mid morning and stayed on until bedtime. Hoping for a little warmer today.

    It's K&N this afternoon so I'm looking forward to that and as it's not my 'turn' it will be interesting to see what we have to make.

    The CAFE is OPEN so pop in when you can for a cuppa and a chat. HUGS should be arriving shortly for you all. Have a good day.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning everyone,

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA. HAVE A LOVELY BIRTHDAY WITH LOTS OF FUN AND LAUGHTER.XXX

    Such a pretty card today. Love the colour and the pretty image.

    Doing a bit of housework this morning then going in my craft room for a pleasant few hours. I so miss my early morning swim which I can't do at the moment because of this stupid cut on my leg. As Maria said, as you get older things seem to take longer to heal.

    Hugs to PAT, PETE and LILIAN. Hope it's a brighter day for you all.x

    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Sandra & ladies
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA🎂🎁🎉🍾🎂🌹❤️
    Enjoy your day being spoilt my lovely xxxxxx
    Beautiful card Sandra love it xx
    Sorry I didn't get in yesterday we spent the day with Darren Sam & Harry as they have a week holiday down Ramsgate so time just went.
    MICHELE great Challenge for this week love your sample cards
    Hope you all have a lovely day I have to get back to my pile of ironing will pop in later
    Love Lynda xx



    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and ladies.
    WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY SANDRA. SOUNDS LIKE YOUR GOING TO HAVE A LOVELY DAY. I’m glad you managed to get into the sea yesterday.
    What a stunning card today just love the colour combination. Will have to have a sneak peak at the panels when you arrive home. A bit dull here in Oxfordshire today. Yesterday was a mix of cloudy and sunny weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    SENDING LOVE AND BEST WISHES FOR A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA, I HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY DAY. XXX

    Love today’s card, it really is beautiful it reminds me of William Morris designs.

    Going out to lunch today, someone else’s turn to drive so I’m waiting to be picked up in a little while.
    Hope what ever you’re doing ladies you’re enjoying.
    Love and hugs Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA ENJOY YOUR DAY
    Hope you get to be able to have another dip in the sea today
    Love the card It reminds me of Art Nouveau stained glass
    Nothing much on the cards this afternoon I managed to leave my tote bag at work with my knitting in Ho hum So it looks like I might have to start another Kerry Lord animal- what a shame lol!
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU enjoy your day. There is special birthday cake available in café this afternoon so we can all sing happy birthday to you, hope you hear us. Lovely card from you today, gorgeous colours.xxx
    Val hope you do not have to wait too long for appointment & your leg soon heals, hugs on way.xxx
    Lilian hope you are beginning to feel better, hugs on way.xxx
    Maria sorry to hear about your Mum & Dad, no wonder you are not sleeping, sending you hugs.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh birthday cake. How lovely. I'm sure whatever the flavour, it will be delicious. Thank you for spoiling us.xx

      Delete
  9. Hi everyone.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDRA !! Have a wonderful day and enjoy your meal tonight. Sure you being spoiled rotten :>)
    Gorgeous card and so love the colours.
    I hope you all have a good day as poss. whatever you are doing.
    We popped to town and had a walk around the shops,free coffee and cake at J.Lewis and managed to buy a pair of shoes from Hotters, they were down to £25, never bought a pair before. Going to send an email to a very good friend in Sweden, we lost touch for about 3 years so like to keep the contact.
    take care everyone, I hope I'm not too late for some Birthday cake and a sing song :>) love and hugs to you all, Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria
      I have a few pairs of Hotters shoes. 2 pairs of winter ones. Plus 2 pairs of sandals as well. I’ve only worn 1 pair of my winter slip ons, they seem to be lasting forever. Expensive shoes, but well worth the money.
      Hope your Mum and Dad are ok.

      Delete