Tuesday 21 August 2018

Graceful Glass Vellum Card1




Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you all enjoyed Michele's first challenge yesterday, I can't wait to see your cards, even though Michele has set the challenge you still sent your cards to me the same as usual.

Harry Potter was absolutely amazing, we all enjoyed it, we were there from 6.20pm to almost 10pm.
All of the sets and props were actually from the films, which I was surprised about,  it made the experience all the more special. They had actual costumes, behind the scenes secrets which explained how they did some of the special effects like playing Quidditch etc, you could ride a broomstick, be filmed acting a scene on the Hogwarts Express, learn how to use a wand, you name it.  
Goodness me the Gift shop was expensive though, a single chocolate frog was £8.99, Paul and the girls had a 'Butterbeer' which is Cream Soda with Butterscotch, I tried a bit and it was Sickly sweet, but they all like it.  

Today's card was made using a piece of one of the Graceful Glass Vellum Papers, I say 'a piece because I cut the panel into 4 separate images, the rest will follow soon. 
This Vellum was coloured with Melon Mambo Watercolour Pencils and Granny Apple Green watercolour pencil which I blended together with a SU Blender pen.
I mounted this little strip of vellum onto a piece of white card to make the colours pop.  I embossed the background with the 'Tufted' Embossing Folder and popped that onto a mat of white card and attached some Lemon Lime Twist ribbon 'Ombre' ribbon, I stamped the sentiment from 'Stitched All Round' stamp set and die cut it with the matching die set and mounted onto a mat of white card and popped on top of my ribbon.
I coloured a resin rose with a matching pink 'Stampin'Blend' pen and popped it into the centre of my bow. 
What do you think?

We were lucky enough to meet up with Our Lynda and Terry on Sunday evening, we had tea together in the Diner beside our hotel, we had good old fashioned cooked food, beautifully cooked too.
There was lots of laughter, Lynda and Terry are the loveliest couple, great sense of humour too, there wasn't a quiet moment the whole time we were together.
The meetings are over way too fast though, I could of stayed and chatted all night, both Paul and I were exhausted from a very busy day though.
Thank you so much Lynda for travelling to meet up with us. xxx

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs

Sandra
xxxxxx







9 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-what a beautiful card, it’s gorgeous. Glad you enjoyed the Harry Potter Studio visit, I’d love to do that. Also glad to hear you hsd s lovely meet up with Lynda & Terry.

    I wasn’t happy at going back to work & when I got there I was informed that 2 members of staff had handed in their notice on Friday. They’re both new staff that have just been trained to work in Aseptics so I was very grumpy all day! Busy day today(lots of patients on the list for treatment) plus a meeting at 3:30 - 5pm then I need to call at my Dads on the way home.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed Harry Potter aand that yo could meet up with LYNDA and CU I hope the rest of your journey is uneventful
    I have dentist this afternoon but hope to make a start on cc later OH has thrown me completely He’s doing an early shift where he normally does a late on Tuesdays
    Have a good day all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Everyone
    SANDRA- a very pretty card for us today. I love that glass panel. Hope your journey is a good one today.

    CHERYL- I'm so sorry that I forgot to mention yesterday about your fantastic money raising event. Well Done and I know that all funds raised are very much appreciated.

    I aim to make a start on my CC today - well that's the plan at the moment lol. Other than that there's nothing more on my sheet other than cooking for lunch time. The mornings just fly when I cook at lunchtime and I don't seem to get as much done elsewhere.

    The CAFE doors are open; there's fresh curtains to the windows as the others were really in need of a good wash and little pots of roses on the tables so pop in when you can for a visit.

    HUGS are winging their way to you all. Have a good day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning ladies,

    Gorgeous card Sandra, I like the vellum panel and the zingy pink.


    Yesterday was spent very quietly, for some reason my knee swelled up and my hip pain was unbearable at times so I took the opportunity to clean stamps, dies and most of my tools. No crating done though.
    When Jamie came home I had a dip in the hot tub to ease the pain then a hot shower after he came to hoick me out. And a relaxing time on the settee before an early night.
    I could have sworn someone woke me up at 3.30 am by banging on the back door but after a look see out the window...no-one was there so back to sleep I went. Fully refreshed this morning.


    This weeks challenge card is on the table ready for making up, the sketch is so simple I might even get round to making the extra challenge of a Christmas card. I think I have about 40 already made...my list is getting shorter each year.
    My friend Doreen is coming for a day of crafting tomorrow, I'm so looking forward to it, it's been along time since the panto that we've had chance to have a good natter and exchange ideas.

    Whatever you are doing....enjoy your day

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra so pleased you all enjoyed the HP experience, lovely to visit as a family, & then to meet up & have a meal with Lynda & Terry what a way to start your holiday. Hope you have a good journey today. A lovely card from you today.xxx
    Val hope you are ok, it is so frustrating being able to see read the blog but not comment isn't it, it was the same with me while I was in hospital, for some reason I can view on my phone but not comment.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ladies.
    Very nice card Sandra. Have a good continue of your journey and not too much traffic.
    Wish you all a nice day and happy crafting.
    Had an awful night so have not done anything this morning but going over to Dobbies later for a meet up with a neighbour who moved away some years ago so looking forward to that so long I can keep my eyes open.
    Many hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good afternoon Sandra & ladies
    Had a play in craftroom after housework this morning. I made some caught in crystal backgrounds. & did some Stamping & Die cutting. Haven't done Challenge card yet might go back infor a hour.
    SANDRA hope your journey is going well & not too much traffic hold ups & soon at your next over night stop. Both Have a good evening xx
    Have a good evening everyone Hug's for all.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to say how much I like your card SANDRA I am hopeless at trying to use patterned paper and I have quite a stash including some I have printed myself when I have a spare corner on a sheet of card
    I hope the sea is not too choppy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello All, back from London, Mimi liked the bag I made, although I think the play people penguin pool was the main attraction, although as she explained you have to fill it with water to play with it properly.

    Sandra lovely card, love the floral panel, hope the journey is going well.

    I managed to take a fall, with my bad knee , think I didn’t lift it high enough. Landed flat on my face, have two lovely black eyes, also very bruised, and shaken up. Still feeling shaky and very sore, silly fool that I am.

    Hope you are all well, hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete