Sunday 26 November 2017

Your Sketch Challenge Card

 My Challenge card
 The Sketch

Good Morning Ladies,

Here we are at the best day of the week again, so much inspiration in one blog post, its amazing.
The over all views are usually highest on a Sunday, so its not just your fellow blog friends that you are inspiring its 100's of others that look in on a Sunday for a bit of inspiration too. The numbers have grown over the past couple of years too so people look in specifically to look at what you have made for the challenges each week.
So enough waffling, here are your cards.........


Brenda

Brenda has made a fantastic 'Birthday' card for this weeks challenge, I love that stamped bubble background and your 'Distress Oxide' blended border.  That Happy Birthday tag is amazing Brenda.
But for me the highlight of the card is your FIRST attempt at making a 'Foamiran' flower, Brenda it's beautiful, I can honestly tell you that my first attempt along with Sue's went in the bin, as we managed to overheat them and then as I tried to stretch and shape them they split, so I put the foam back on the shelf and haven't bothered since, but seeing yours I may have another go!
Here as a brief description from Brenda.......

" I had been playing with my Oxide ink pads. Two rows of masking tape and brushed the colours across. It occurred to me that it might just work. So a bit of ribbon, sentiment, stamp bubbles and flower, this is the end result. The flower is my first attempt at making a Foamiran flower (the glue gun was a great help)"

Thank you so much Brenda for taking part this week.
XXX


 Janet

Janet, WOW, I love the vintage look of this Birthday card, there is SO much detail on your card, starting with the beautiful papers, oh Janet they are stunning, that oval die cut is so pretty and the little stones you added match perfectly, now the extra special finishing touch is that beautiful lace, topped with a narrow matching ribbon and adorned with a tiny bow and pearls.
I LOVE this card Janet, thank you so much for taking part.
XXX


 Karen

Karen, Oh what an lovely Christmas card, I love that background paper, it works perfectly with the theme of your card, what a great way of using a "recycled" Christmas card, you would never have known, to me it looks like a Kanban Topper!
Here is Karen's description...
"Here’s my challenge card
I made it with a recycled Christmas card, some paper from a cheap pad I bought at The Range, a mixture of dies for the sentiment, good old Lacy Accents from Spellbinders, an old Sizzix die and some Nuevo drops"
Thank you so much Karen for taking part in this weeks challenge.
XXX


 Lynda


Lynda, two beautiful Christmas cards from you this week, I see that you used that beautiful stamp that you bought last week on your first card, it is so pretty and you have stamped it perfectly, (which isn't easy with such a large, detailed stamp). The border and Poinsettia finish your card beautifully,
here is Lynda's description:

Your second card has a touch of the 'oh la la' with the red and black border, your fantastic flag die with your greeting on and the poinsettia are fab finishing touches.
Lynda sent me a description of how she created the cards so I have added them below.....

"my first c card I used Sue Wilson NOBLE BORDER DIE cut with the cutting edge in the die then in black card I just used the cutting-edge &glued together. I used a red mat & glued border to the edge added SW CLOSED POINSETTIA added a pearl to centre & stamped the greeting. THE SEASON'S GREETINGS IN RED INK FROM S U JOY OF THE WORLD STAMP SET CUT OUT WITH SW FLAG DIE


"Second card TIM HOLTZ CORNER DIE no cutting-edge I MATTED RED CARD INSIDE CUT A SPELLBINDER BORDER DIE ( can't remember names ) ADDED IT TO THE EDGE CUT A POINTTSETIA ADDED A PEARL THEN STAMPED A MERRY CHRISTMAS IN RED INK CUT OUT WITH ONE OF MY CHINA DIES SANDRA hope that makes sense."

Thank you so much Lynda for taking part in this weeks challenge.
XXX

 Margaret

Margaret had to make a card for some friends in a horrible situation at her 'Boule' club, sometimes it is hard to find the right sentiment, if you don't want to put 'thinking of you'.  Luckily one of the Stampin' Up! stamp sets 'Bright Wishes' has some lovely sentiments and "Wishing you all the best" is one of them, it works when you just don't know what to say . Margaret has also used some Ann Marie Designs card with the SU Ribbon Border Punch separating the patterns.
A lovely card Margaret, thank you so much for taking part this week.
XXX


Maria

Maria has used some pretty snowflake paper with Kraft card, the combination works so well Maria,
the lovely Santa Bauble that you have coloured and added fur too makes a fab focal point, I love your pretty die cut tag and sentiment too.
Thank you so much for taking part Maria, I hope you get your Kitchen tidy before your visitors arrive.
XXX

Michele

Michele was asked to make a 90th Birthday card, this beautiful card is what she came up with,
Michele I just love that stunning stamp or topper that you have used and that pretty background paper, the hint of bright pink really lifts the whole design.  
Michele sent a brief description...

"Challenge card made! It’s the 90th Birthday Card I was asked to make-only details I got was neutral background & bright pink or purple on it with 90 on somewhere! Couldn’t make it too deep or fancy as it’s being posted to Spain."



I think you made the card exactly the way that they described, they will love it.  
Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge.
XXX


 Val

Val, Oh I love your Christmas card, that background paper is stunning, I love that deep shade of red,
teamed with that lovely contrast paper looks amazing, that Snowflake is gorgeous, so detailed and elegant.  A truly stunning Christmas card.
Thank you so much for taking part Val.
XXX


Lilian

Lilian I found this card from a previous Challenge and it matches the sketch beautifully, just turned on its side, which is fine to do.  Lilian has used two absolutely stunning papers, a pretty floral with matching polka dot. Lilian has used a beautiful lace to separate the two papers, a Sue Wilson tag is the perfect die cut for this card and the pretty flourish works beautifully.
I love this card Lilian and hope you don't mind me sharing it again. I also hope you are well.
XXX

So ladies, there you have it, another amazing card gallery, you are all amazing, thank you so much once again.

Love and Hugs

Sandra
xxxxxxx


27 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    What a fantastic set of Challenge Cards for this week. The display board looks beautiful and full of inspiration.

    I have to say that I'm really disappointed with my photography this week. My photo really doesn't show the papers to their advantage and I really should have used a darker colour for the bike. The one thing I am pleased with is that the edging strip looks like lace and the little bronze stones look like stones. In fact I didn't use any lace or stones at all. The edging is from the same paper pack I used on my mixed media yesterday - I just layered up with card until I had a solid border and then covered it with the patterned card and the little stones are Tonic 'Nuvo glitter accents Aztec Gold'.

    We did manage to get to Meadowhall yesterday morning but it was heaving with people and so it was a defined route to the three shops we needed and then swiftly back home for a quiet afternoon.
    I'm not sure if we're doing anything today as it's very cold, windy and icy out. Christina had snow out in Derbyshire yesterday so Winter is definitely here to stay.

    The CAFE is OPEN despite the cold and ice so pop in for a hot cup of soup or if preferred hot chocolate and a natter. Roast Chicken is on the menu today so book your places.
    HUGS are wrapped up warm and on their way to you all. Have a good Sunday xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please Janet with plenty of stuff in. Beautiful card, love the paper you've used. Stay warmxxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Janet
      I expect Meadowhall will be heaving from here on in with Christmas just around the corner. Love the card and the papers you've used Janet.

      Delete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Lovely challenge cards, all beautiful & all different.
    Mine was made using some papers from an older issue of Making Cards magazine -the papers are such good quality.

    Our meal out was lovely when we eventually got there. We arrived at the station to see one of the barriers lying on the floor(on the other side of the level crossing) and no staff in the ticket office-which is a portacabin as the entire station is being rebuilt. The intact barriers were all down so no-one could cross, lots of cars stuck either side including buses. The Southport train slowly left the station without us so I phoned for a taxi but after 30 minutes of waiting and two phone calls we gave up and got on the next train. By this time we knew we were going to be late and we were frozen.
    Anyway-good food & great company made up for all that drama.

    Sandra-I hope you managed to sleep last night & aren’t in too much pain now.

    Mi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Michele what an awful journey and in bad weather as well. So glad when you finally got there you had a lovely time. Very pretty card today. Enjoy your day off.xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Michele
      What a horrendous journey you had last night, it was very cold here last night so it must have been colder up where you are. But I'm glad when you finally arrived you have a lovely time with your friends.
      Lovely card you made as well.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful cards by everyone this week Sandra, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really lovely cards bursting with great inspiration No favourites for me but MARIA’s idea of threading on a bauble is a ridiculously obvious idea and so effective
    Just getting ready to go to the zoo before it gets too busy I’ll have a hot chocolate before we go please JANET
    Take care all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking of you today Karen. Sending hugsxxx

      Delete
    2. ThinkingThinkingThinkinThinkiThinkThinThiThTTThinking of you all toda Karen. xxx

      Delete
    3. Sorry do not know what happened there, having trouble. today.xxx

      Delete
    4. Hi Karen
      Thinking of you all today. Love the topper you used on your card as well.

      Delete
  5. Morning ladies,

    Gorgeous challenge cars this week ladies, well done.
    I only got as far as thinking about it this week lol.
    My friend Beverley came round on Tuesday, Weds & Thursday and while she sewed, I pinned then overlocked the seams she had done. Result was 4 dresses and 5 skirts all finished. Started the last two skirts, got as far as pinning the waistbands and my sewing machine stopped working. I am hoping it will just be the bulb to be the cause. I have already changed the fuse but no luck. Oh well, I did say I wasn't going to be sewing any costumes in Dec so it looks like I will be having an extra week off. Good job I have the sewing team to help out.

    Catching up now on all the past week's comments, (((((hugs))))) to all our blog friends.

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a pain that your machine stopped working in full flow. Still as you say you have an extra week off. Enjoy your day. Xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Cheryl
      Such a shame your machine stopped working while you were in full flow. I hope there's not to much wrong with it and you manage to get it fixed with no problem.

      Delete
  6. Morning Sandra and ladies. Lovely, lovely array of cards today. Each one vey special.
    The Craft Fair was good yesterday. So many talented people with wonderful things they'd been making. I think Wendy did well, we were kept busy anyway. All our Craft Group ladies visited which was nice. I was really tired afterwards though. Got home, made a coffee and promptly fell asleep.

    More Christmas card making today and hopefully that's it. Wendy organises the craft group to make cards for children in the UK who have cancer. They're sent through a group called Post Pals and theyre forwarded to a child to cheer them up. You write in a bit about yourself and I usually put in a picture of Gracie or my cats and write a bit about them It's a really worth while cause. Anyway Wendy goes back to the UK next week so she'll post them then.

    Hope everyone has a good day.
    Hugs to all.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val love the card you made. I had or might still have the paper you've used. But I do love your snowflake. Is it a die?.
      Great that Wendy did well at the craft show with her stall.
      What a fantastic idea to send cards to children with cancer. I've not heard of that.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Pat, I love this stamp as well. It was actually a freebie with a magazine many moons ago but I never used it as it wouldn't cut with the die cutting machines I had until I got my wonderful Gemini which cuts it like a dream.
      Glad your dinner went well. 13 people to cook for would make me panic but lovely to have so many round the table. Hugsxxx

      Delete
  7. Good morning Sandra & ladies
    WOW great selection of cc this morning all of them are really gorgeous so well done. Next time we see this weeks cc we will be in DECEMBER 🤶🏻 Yikes better make some more Christmas cards !!!! today.
    KAREN Thinking of you today sending comforting Hug's xx
    We have Tesco shopping today as Terry has been working for last three days.
    Some housework first.
    MARIA hope you enjoyed your workshop with Julia. How's your exercises going are they working.Hug's.
    CHERYL sorry your sowing machine has stopped working but you now get some me time enjoy it Hug's xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry pressed publish Der brain
      Wanted to say SANDRA hope your ok & you had a better night sleep & your not in so Much pain today. Thank you for sharing everyone's challenge cards you work so hard with your blog it's appreciated my lovely friend. Have a good day with Paul & girls Big Hug's xxx
      Must get on love Lynda xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Lynda
      Great cards today, especially love the stamp on your first card though.
      I've got cards done in pieces though. So must spend some time putting them altogether. Have a lovely evening and I hope your not in to much pain.

      Delete
  8. Hello Sandra and Ladies

    I’ve just lost a comment Grrrr............ I had started it about 10:30 this morning, had two phone calls almost back to back. made lunch, then remembered I hadn’t finished my message. Managed to complete it, only for it to drift off into cyberspace.

    WOW what a fantastic display of Challenge cards. I love all of them.

    KAREN Thinking of you xx

    Hope everyone is having a good day.
    Love and Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hullo Mrs anonymous
      Isn't it a pain when cyber space pinches your comment. Great card today Brenda. Especially love the coloured strip in the middle.

      Delete
  9. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe tonight.
    I hope you got on ok at your check on Friday my lovely.
    I am so glad I have finally had some peace and quiet to enjoy soaking up all of your fabulous CCs today. As is usual I couldn't choose any one in particular but take inspiration from everyones beautiful cards.
    I am very aware that I need to get at least the Canadian family cards and tree decorations made and posted. That is my aim this week, which apart from Friday will hopefully be back to "usual" whatever that is!
    I have tried to keep up with you all over the last couple of weeks and even when I didn't comment, either because I actually didn't or when I didn't press publish which is more and more usual, please be sure that you all have been in my thoughts. I will be emailing you shortly to explain why I have been otherwise occupied.
    I hope you are all snug and warm, it really has turned very chilly hasn't it..brrr❄❄❄
    Karen, I'm sending you gentle hugs both for today but especially tomorrow X
    Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for Sandra and all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandra and ladies
    A beautiful array of cards today. Especially love Lynda's stamp on her first card. And Vals lovely sparkling snowflake.
    Xanders birthday will be on Thursday so Craig and Jenny did dinner for us all today. 13 in all as Doreen always comes with us now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra sorry I didn't comment yesterday, all the goodies & cards were lovely, thank you for showing them. I have been at Sue's this weekend, took Phoebe, Paige & Chris junior to local Drama Group Panto yesterday afternoon & then today we made Christmas pudding, this is something I did with Sue's 3 & is part of run up to Christmas. I love all the CC today.xxx
    Karen hope today has not been too painful for you, sending you hugs.xxx
    Sending to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete