Sunday 12 November 2017

Your cards for Karen's Challenge



Good Sunday Morning Ladies,
  
Karen set you this week's challenge which was to make a 'Channel' Card, the card above is the card that Karen shared as inspiration for this challenge. It is such a lovely card, I love the design of it, perfect for Valentine or Anniversary.  
Sadly due to feeling so unwell this week I didn't get to take part but that hasn't deterred any of you, there are some absolutely stunning cards in this weeks line up, so lets get straight into showing them off.......

 Janet

Janet has had a super busy week since arriving back from France, so I looked into the archives and blew the cobwebs off of this card stunning card that Janet made for the last 'Channel card' challenge we had a long time ago.
It is a real girly, lacy card, featuring Spellbinders Edge dies to create those pretty lace panels, the Janet has placed one of her beautiful Vintage Ladies into the centre 'Channel'.
Such a pretty card Janet, thank you for sending it in.
XXX

Karen



Karen has really enjoyed this challenge, making 3 stunning Challenge cards, Karen even did a bit of stamping, which is really outside of her comfort zone but you did it perfectly Karen and I hope you got that lovely feeling that I did when I first stamped a sentiment and it worked perfectly first time.
I love all 3 of your cards Karen but I think the third one is my favourite. I love that 'thank you' the swirly font is stunning!
Here is Karen's description......

"So I’ve done three cards Two have the same die from Sue W but one is Christmas (notice I did a bit of stamping! and used an embossing folder The die cut is “balanced” on top The Other is a birthday card using a piece of scraper foil embossed with Falling Snow If all things and sanded back The die cut is underneath the channel
The third card is using ScanNCut to draw Thank You and a Spellbinders border/bracket die The butterfly was a freebie From a magazine."

Thank you so much Karen for thinking up this week's challenge and making so many beautiful cards.
XXX

Lilian

Lilian, I absolutely love your card this week, I'm not sure how you have created that stunning background effect, other than using an embossing folder but it looks amazing, you have captured the sparkle beautifully too.  I love how you have used the Ric Rac Ribbon in the 'Channel', a unique and very clever idea.  Such an amazing Christmas card, thank you so much for taking part.
XXX

Val

Val has made a lovely Christmas card for this weeks challenge, using that very popular embossing folder from Craft Stash, to create the embossed snowflakes and snow and the matching die to create the channel, that shows that pretty snowflake patterned paper peeking through from behind.  
The two die cut Christmas Trees compliment the background paper beautifully and add a bit of sparkle too.  
Thank you so very much Val for taking part in this weeks challenge, its so good to have you back fighting fit! 
XXX

Margaret



Margaret has made a very 'Clean and Simple' Christmas card using Sue Wilson's Striplet die in the 'channel' of the card, that pretty shade of blue compliments the grey behind the striplet perfectly.
The sentiment is such a pretty font too, such a lovely card Margaret.                        Margaret's second card is so pretty, that beautiful border has been made using the Stampin Up 'Ribbon Border Punch' over some beige card with Snowflakes, such a beautiful addition to a card.  Thanks so much for taking part Margaret.

XXX


Wendy

Wendy (aka Spanish Crafter) has made an absolutely stunning Christmas card for this weeks challenge.  Wendy you have used some absolutely gorgeous elements on your card, that Pinecone paper is just so pretty and works so beautifully with both the Kraft card on your sentiment and that stunning paper in the 'Channel' of your card, I also love the deckle edge to your card and that embellishment is perfect.  Thank you so very much for taking part in our challenge again this week Wendy.
XXX

Maria

Maria has designed a beautiful Christmas card for this week's Challenge, starting with a beautifully
embossed white background, Maria has created the 'Channel' of her cars with a stunning red die cut,
it is beautiful Maria and it gives the effect of red patterned paper behind the white, very clever!
Thank robin on the pine branch is just GORGEOUS, I love him and it works perfectly with your design.  The pretty poinsettia and sentiment are all that is needed to finish your card beautifully.
Thank you so much Maria, I am so pleased that you decided to take part this week.
XXX

Michele

Michele has designed a 'Clean & Simple' Christmas card for this weeks Challenge, using Linen card as the base and strips of silver glitter card to edge the card and the 'channel'.  Michele has then used a pretty background paper with a vertical design (genius idea) to add detail to the channel part of the card.  A few matching gemstones and a little die cut tree and sentiment give the perfect amount of embellishment.  I love this card Michele, thank you so much for taking part.
XXX

Lynda



Lynda has designed 3 amazing Christmas cards for this weeks 'Channel' card Challenge, all in similar shades but very different designs.
Here is Lynda's description of the dies that she has used :

"Sending you my cc's for this week, using Sues Lyra die, the dove was a mag freebie.
Second card also made using Lyra die.
Last one was made with Sue's configuration Art Deco die.

You have made three absolutely lovely Christmas cards Lynda, that Dove is such a lovely die, especially as its a freebie!
The paper you have used in the background of your second card is stunning Lynda, it looks very expensive!
I hadn't really noticed Sue's Art Deco configuration die before Lynda, I love it and love how you have used it.
Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge.
XXX


Brenda




Brenda has made three 'Channel' cards,  fantastic birthday card,  a beautiful 'Just for you' card and a 'Feast Day' card. The Dandelion Clock stamp that you used is lovely Brenda, Debbie's birthday card is stunning, using Sue Wilson Dies, such a beautiful card, love that shade of blue!  The Feast Day card is lovely with the pretty embossed edge and the sentiment stamped on vellum is a lovely effect.  Thank you so much for taking part Brenda.
XXX


As always ladies you have blown me away with your amazing card design skills, I feel so very 
privileged to be able to share your work each week.
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your very busy lives to join in each week.

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday,

Love and Hugs

Sandra
xxxxxx

44 comments:

  1. Some wonderful cards your ladies have made this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy
      Lovely card you've made for us this week. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
    2. Hi Wendy, like the paper you used on your card. Nice to see you in the cafe'. Take care x

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    First I have to thank SANDRA for trawling through my archives to submit a card for me.
    I have felt so so guilty at not doing a CC this week but there just hasn't been enough hours in the days so fingers crossed that I can get back to CC mode this coming week.

    Now on to this week's CCs.
    What a bumper bundle of Christmas cards and not one of them remotely resembling each other.
    All are beautiful and inspirational.
    All the display boards had to come out of the cupboard again.

    We had a busy shopping morning in Meadowhall. It was a really odd feeling at 11.00. A two minute silence was held under the centre dome of the building with members of the British Legion leading the short service but at the same time all the building is decorated for Christmas with Lights twinkling and shoppers stood with Christmas shopping in hand.

    Why oh why do the commercial sector have to start Christmas at the beginning of November surely 1st December is early enough or is this just me. Sorry soap box back in the corner.

    The CAFE is OPEN and it's Roast Beef for lunch today so place your orders.
    HUGs are on their way and I'm hoping they don't get blown off course as it's very windy here.
    Have a good Sunday. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please JANET I love horseradish sauce with mine

      Delete
    2. Yes please Janet. Can I have 2 your shires please.xxx

      Delete
    3. Supposed to say Yorkshires. Xx

      Delete
    4. Yes please with yorkshires & horse radish sauce. Love your card today.xxx

      Delete
    5. Hi Janet
      Love the card Sandra found in her archives for you. I hope Jim is feeling better after taking his needs.
      No your not alone thinking they start to early. I remember we were in the Factory Shop in Dovercourt near Harwich on the 4th Nov 2 yrs ago. A sales assistant came by singing the Christmas carol they were playing. Pete was grumbling it was to early for Christmas decorations and Christmas songs. She said my my what a bar humbug you are.
      I had the beef today but no horseradish sauce though,

      Delete
    6. Love the card Sandra found you made some time ago, don't remember seeing it before.
      I love Christmas but it do spoil it some when they are so early as they are in the shops with 'white Christmas' and other songs playing already. Hope you both have had a good day x

      Delete
  3. Oh ladies I am lost for words You have excelled yourselves The cards are stunning I am in awe of you all
    Thank you for taking part for little ol’ me
    LYNDA - of course you can “copy” the tutorial It’s not my own “invention” I saw LISA HORTON do it on HOCHANDA and thought it was another lovely (easy and cheap) way to use Pixie Powders
    We may go to Brick Lane this afternoon for a Cuban Salsa event Just waiting to see how OH feels when he gets up!
    Have a good Sunday and I just want to reiterate SANDRA’s sentiment from yesterday I got very emotional yesterday Not only did I shed a tear for the soldiers and their families that never return but the radio channel I was listening to came back after the 2 minutes silence with “Fix You” by Coldplay which was a favourite of my son and was played at his funeral I was a blubbering wreck at the end
    Have a great day everyone and I hope aches and pains fade a little xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I'll be in tears today watching the Memorial from the Cenotaph, always am. All those men who have and still are losing their lives including my own two grandfather's. Such a waste but so important that we never forget.
      Hope you manage to get to the Cuba salsa today.xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Karen
      3 lovely cards from you today. I wondered how you did the thank you sentiment, with your trusted ScanNCut must be great to use though.
      No wonder you were a blubbering wreck after the song they played after the 2 minutes silence. One oldish couple, well older than he anyway. Stood still for 2 minutes in Sainsbury's yesterday but were talking to each other throughout.
      Enjoy your Cuba Salsa if you go tonight. Must look that one up.

      Delete
    3. Hi Karen, hope you get to the Salsa tonight and have some fun. No wonder you cried hearing the song. Love your cards xx

      Delete
  4. Morning Ladies

    WOW-brilliant selection of challenge cards.
    Karen-I love your two “star” cards, I might borrow this design if that’s ok?

    I’m still struggling logging into Blogger to comment. I have to go via Blogger which shows “Google Account “ then press Home then revisit the blog. Luckily this is only the first time rather than every time to comment .

    We have a very sunny Sunday here but it’s also very windy. I’m hoping hubby goes off the idea of doing some weeding later! I have card ideas I need to try out.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course go for it I think I may have borrowed it from Sue W

      Delete
    2. It sounds like a staying inside crafting day. Hope hubby agrees.xxx

      Delete
    3. Hi Michele
      Love your channel Christmas card today. Not seen one like that before. It sure is to cold and windy to go and do weeding. I'm trying to talk Pete into putting some more of the garden down to lawn. Put down some paving slabs around the edges, ( which we have loads off ). He's not going to be able to do so much in the near future.
      Doreen also wants him to put a ladder up and clean out the guttering for her. But as he has no strength in his hands now he'll ask Craig to go up there for him. If not Doreen will get someone in to do it for her.

      Delete
    4. Hi Michele, hope you stayed indoors and did crafting instead, way to cold outside for weeding Lol take care x

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra and ladies.

    WOW and WOW again. There seem to be more and more lovely cards being shown each week. We'll done ladies -all fantastic.

    I'm having problems with my new tablet In that it won't take clear photos and everything I take has a yellow tinge to it. Pauls had a fiddle and says that's the best it will do but I'm not happy.

    Lovely weather still here. It's cold first thing and in the evening but during the day the temperatures are still in the high twenties. Just sitting outside having a coffee and it's beautiful. We're going to get such a shock when winter arrives.

    Well I have to brush and mop downstairs this morning and I think I'd better polish as well as I can write my name in the dust. After that I'm making cards.
    Got a long list to catch up on.

    Hugs to all, have a good Sunday everyone.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val
      Love the channel card you've made using that embossing folder.
      How lovely to still be able to sit out with a coffee. It's cold and windy here. Good luck with the card making.

      Delete
    2. How lovely to still be able to sit outside, here it has gone very cold. Winter is deffo here. Wonder if we get any snow. Love you cc today, good luck making up the list .hugs xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra and ladies
    I echo Val sentiment. Wow, wow. And wow. What a lovely selection of cards today. Love them all. Really cold here today and now the washing machine is calling. Seeing as Pete has popped up to his daughters I suppose I'd better put the second load out, before we go off for lunch,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, hope you have had a nice Sunday and enjoyed the lunch. hugs to you and Pete and make sure he not climbing any ladders ! xx

      Delete
    2. I'll try Maria
      Don't think his hands are up to it now as his thumbs are very painful.

      Delete
  7. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Wow such a gorgeous aray of beautiful cards this morning all stunning.
    KAREN thank you for letting me try your technique from your tutorial Hug's.
    Have to go Tesco this today oh what joy. Hope to get in craft room later. I have a card to make for a friend.& better make more Christmas cards too.
    We have sun today but very windy & cold. Yesterday was the first time I had to put a coat on. We bought Baby a little coat yesterday she looks so sweet.
    Poor Harry on Friday one of the other boys in his reception class had bitten him for no apparent reason as Harry was just playing Sam said he was so upset.
    Well better get a move on. Hopefully pop in later
    LoveLynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda
      Love the three cards you've made to show today.
      Good luck with the shopping.
      Poor Harry, I hope he's ok after being bitten in reception class.

      Delete
    2. Oh Poor Harry. No wonder he was upset.
      You'll have to send Sandra a photo of Baby in her coat. Sounds so cute. Xxx

      Delete
    3. Hi Lynda. oh poor Harry, hope he is ok ? Aaaah Baby must look so cute in her coat, please take a photo and share with us. Hope your leg has calmed down. Hugs to you and Terry xx

      Delete
    4. Sorry forgot to say how much I like your cards today, they are all very good x

      Delete
  8. Hello Sandra and friends,

    WOW, WOW and WOW what a delight it was to open the blog today, so many lovely cards. Sandra I know I’ve said it before but there is so much talent on your blog. Thank you ladies you are all so inspiring.xx

    Hope to get into my craft room later, I made a serious start on my Christmas cards yesterday, hope to finish of what I started. I had previously only made one of each design. I managed 12 yesterday, which for me was good. I will never be up to VALs speed!

    Hope everyone has a great Sunday, Love and Hugs Brenda xxx

    Grrrrr my name has disappeared out of the Comment as: Box will see if I can post as Anonymous..... fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda . It sounds as though you're getting on well with your cards.
      Enjoy your crafting. Xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Brenda, good going on your cards. You making such nice ones and today's is lovely too. Hope you had a nice Sunday, hugs xx

      Delete
    3. Hi Brenda
      Wow that is good going on your Christmas cards. Three lovely channel cards from you today. Hope you've gad a lovely day,

      Delete
  9. Hello All, very windy here.

    Super lot of cards today, mine did not photo well, I’m trying to use some of the pots of arty things that I’ve bought over the years, this was texture paste, with glitter over the top, this on some very old pattern card.

    Managed to get to Asda this morning, first time for ages , wish I could get over the nerves that I have when I go out, I know it’s silly.

    Hope you all have a lovely day, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Lilian, you have done it so the next time will be easier, give yourself a pat on the back. I tried to comment on your jigsaw yesterday, but it kept vanishing, it is a beautiful puzzle well done.xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi Lilian, agoraphobia is not a nice thing to deal with. I suffered from it for a while whilst I lived in the UK. I found that if a friend waited the other end of my journey I coped with the travelling a lot easier.
      I love your card today. The background is so pretty.
      Take care.xxx

      Delete
    3. Hi Lilian, it is not silly at all. I have panic attacks sometimes going into town. Well done going to the shops. Love your card today, have your Mojo returned ? Take care and warm hugs xx

      Delete
    4. Hi Lilian
      A very different channel card you've made Lilian. Gives me food for thought.
      Well done on getting to Asda. It can only get easier as you go along. Gentle hugs coming your way.

      Delete
  10. Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra thank you for showing all these beautiful cards, thank you for allowing Karen to help, we all apreciated it.xxx
    Karen love your 3 cards thank you again.xxx
    You all made some lovely cards this week they are all great.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret, hope you all had a nice day. Two very nice cards you made for the challenge. You never know did you what was going to happen after a visit to Ally Pally hihihi Hugs to you and Pop xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Maria
    Didn't find a comment from you today but loved your card with the robin on. Is it a Die or a stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, had to make the dinner and then other things got in the way but I'm now back for a minute before a coffee and some tv. The robin is a die, not sure but think it is by 'joy or fuzzy lemon' not putting any money on that hihi sorry. Have a good night xx

      Delete