Saturday 25 November 2017

Mixed Up Saturday

Mixed Craft Saturday

Good Morning Ladies,

Saturdays are so fun, I love to see what everyone has been buying and what you have all been making, please ladies send me any cards that you make other than the Challenge card, not only is it nice to see them but they are great inspiration to others too.
My Photos





The first photo is of a Stamp set that I bought, Stampin'Up! 'Flurry of Wishes', I love the shape of the Snowflakes but I couldn't just stamp them on a card without wanting to have a cut out one for dimension, but I just wouldn't consider fussy cutting anything that intricate.  I then remembered about my Scan & Cut so stamped and embossed some and scanned them into the Scan &Cut and watched as it intricately cut around each Snowflake, you could choose how much of a border of white you want or have none at all !! It was much easier than I thought, so Karen your constant inspiration has worked it's magic, thank you, I have only dipped my toe in but I now have many ideas whirring around my brain! 

The following three photos are of all of the 'Swaps' that we exchange with each other whenever we go to a Stampin'Up! event,  it's amazing to see what other people make with the exact same products that you have, most of them contain some kind of treat, whether it's Chocolate, sweets or candles and Stationery.  I am going to do a video that shows them in detail, sharing their contents too. There are no builders on the weekend, so hopefully I can record uninterrupted! 

I wanted to share this Bargain  with all of you, Hobby craft have these trolleys on sale at £25, they look identical to the IKEA ones, which I can 100% recommend, I think that they will sell fast but if you can't get one online you may get one at your local store! 
XXX

Brenda




Brenda bought the Stampin'Up! 'Large Letter Dies' a few weeks ago and she has made Tierney and William an absolutely stunning Birthday card with them, two fantastic stepper cards, both very different, I love the girly touches on Tierney's card, I bet she leaves it out all year round.



Brenda went to the Excel craft show a couple of weeks ago and these are the goodies that fell into the shopping basket, you bought some lovely things Brenda, most of which Ciara will be excited to get her sleeves rolled and get crafting with.
I have to say in have been wanting those Tim Holtz scissors, Sue has them and they are brilliant. Lots of Christmas card making goodies there too, so you are going to be hauled up in your craft card making like crazy!
Thank you so much for sharing both your amazing cards and your shopping.
XXX

Karen




Karen sent me a photo of the shopping she bought at a craft show a couple of weeks ago, I will paste in Karen's description below.....

The other photos are all from Karen's craft weekend, a lovely array of backgrounds, all so colourful.
The bottom photo is of the cards that Karen made, I love the one with the Stag, it's gorgeous, as are all of the others, I love Card-io stamps too, I just never remember to use them! 
Karen sent a brief description with the photos, so I will share it below, you can really feel the enthusiasm as you read it, I am so pleased you had such a lovely weekend Karen.
Thank you so much for sharing your photos with us Karen, I love seeing what you have made, you should have taken stocks of rubbing alcohol with you, you could have a fortune! I'm not surprised that everyone wanted to try your techniques.
XXX

Lynda



Lynda treated herself to a couple of Sue's new die sets, these 'Industrial ' range will work perfectly with your Mixed Media projects, I saw Lisa on Hochanda using some a week or so back, she made some lovely projects with them.  
I am excited to see these used in some of your projects Lynda.
Thank you for sharing.
XXX

Michele


Michele has her Christmas Craft Fair next Saturday, so she has bought some lighting and display stand for some of her cards, I think these are a great idea Michele, they will really draw people over to your stand, I really am hoping you will have can sell out on the day! 
Thank you so much for sharing with us.
XXX

Janet


Janet has been playing with her Mixed Media craft goodies and she has created this amazing canvas, you have created a masterpiece Janet, you have layered some gorgeous lace and patterned paper to create your project.
I think your idea of framing  it is a perfect one, I would put it where you see it all the time as it is a great source of inspiration. 
Thank you so much for sharing your project with all not us. 
XXX

That's all for this week's Mixed Craft Saturday, as always you ladies have sent me some incredible projects and shopping pics, for which imam very grateful.
I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra 
xxxxxx

26 comments:

  1. Morning Sandra and all,
    Everything today is fantastic. Will look in depth later. Off out shortly with Wendy as she doing a Craft Fair today and I'm along as her helper. It was a real success last year so hope for good things today. She's been beavering away making things for months so deserves it.
    Must say my glasses were a bargain. I thought there might have been a catch when the said 50% off but no, the total was 482 euros and I paid 241. Great..
    Have to dash. Have a good day everyone.
    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound like a bargain as there’s usually a catch isn’t there I hope it all goes well for WENDY today

      Delete
    2. Hi VAL
      Have a lovely time with WENDY at the craft fair hope she has a sell out. Well done on your bargain glasses. Big Hug's xx

      Delete
    3. Hi Val I hope Wendy had a successful day today. My word your glasses were a bargain. Luckily I didn't have to have new ones this time. But I did have a slight scratch on them. So will change them next year,

      Delete
  2. Morning ladies,


    Some lovely hauls this week Brenda, Karen, Lynda & Michele and the added bonus of beautiful cards showing off your purchases.

    Oooooh Janet, loving your mixed media canvas.

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CHERYL thank you. Are you making panto costumes. Over the weekend or do you have a me time weekend.
      Sending you some Hug's xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Cheryl
      I hope you've had a lovely day today.

      Delete
  3. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-gorgeous Card today.

    Brenda-two amazing cards & great purchase.

    Karen-love the backgrounds you have created & the cards are great.

    Lynda-really like the Dies you have purchased.

    Janet-another beautiful canvas, it’s lovely.

    Well-we have have hailstones, sleet & torrential rain yesterday afternoon/evening with more rain forecast all weekend. Hubby has had an email to say the golf course is flooded so it’s closed as a precaution. I’m off to meet my friend for coffee and.a chat at Dobbies this morning then we’re off out this evening (me & hubby) for a pub meal with friends. I’ll be finishing my Christmas cards this afternoon then I can start a card order tomorrow-80th Birthday, gardening theme but he only likes white + gold!!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that one! Enjoy your chat and meal out tonight

      Delete
    2. Hi MICHELE wow horrendous weather you had yesterday. Enjoy your meal tonight & good luck with your card making later.
      Hug's xx

      Delete
    3. Hi Michele
      Sounds like horrendous weather yesterday. Luckily we had a lovely day yesterday and today. Good luck with making a gardening card in White and Gold.

      Delete
  4. Morning Everyone
    Well it's dark, wet and windy so what's new this week.

    We have a glorious array of goodies on show this morning.
    So many purchases and beautiful results from them.

    BRENDA- beautiful cards - those dies really make a statement piece and you really don't need much more decoration.

    My mixed media piece was inspired by a show I saw mid week last week (if that makes sense)on Hochanda on one of Leonne's programmes. She had a pack of vintage papers 'Old Lace' from STAMPERI and two stamps I used on the canvas (lady and gent). I really couldn't resist mainly because the papers looked so gorgeous and they really do live up in real life. Unfortunately the two big flowers haven't photographed well as I cut some more and doubled them up. I also cut into the top layer to give them dimension but my photography isn't good enough to show them off. I shall be looking for a frame.

    Not sure at the moment whether we're off shopping this morning as Jim was very well yesterday so it's a wait and see when he gets up.

    The CAFE is OPEN and ready for you all. HUGS are on their way to you all. Have a good Saturday xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that programme No wonder you were inspired Your canvas is gorgeous

      Delete
    2. Hi JANET your card is gorgeous you do have a flare for mixed media.
      I love watching Leonine doing mixed media .sending Hug's xx

      Delete
    3. Hi Janet
      You've made a beautiful canvas. Hope Jim is feeling better today. I saw some of that programme when I was over Sandra's. Although Leonnies to new look a mess, I think yours is lovely. Mind you I don't really like Leonnies makes at all.

      Delete
  5. There’s some lovely purchase there I must start writing a list for Santa! I’ll start with the large letter dies that has made two awesome cards BRENDA and those industrial chic dies are very pretty LYNDA and as SANDRA has said will look stunning on your mixed media projects
    Well done SANDRA on using ScanNCut and pleased to be of help I just touch the surface too At the moment I tend to use it to cut out frames for shaker cards as I know the border is 100% accurate and for cutting out printed sentiments I don’t have to “squash” the writing down to fit a Die I really must get into scanning things in You’ll be on CANVAS next!Take a look at aandhcrafts blog:YouTube channel She does some very good tutorials
    Dancing was good last night although I didn’t dance as much as I’d like but I enjoy watching too
    Off to the zoo today to tidy son’s grave as it’s the anniversary of his passing tomorrow I want to make sure it looks nice for a proper visit tomorrow with family and friends Perhaps that’s why I have this cough - a nervous thing ....?
    Have a great day ladies and wrap up warm if venturing out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I saw my neighbour’s daughter yesterday, there’s so much damage to the house it could be 6 to 9 months before she can move back

      Delete
    2. Hi KAREN glad you enjoyed your dancing last night even if you had to sit & just watch some of the time. Hope the tidying of your Son's grave isn't too upsetting for you Karen
      Sending you some comforting Hug's xx

      Delete
    3. Hi Karen
      I hope the tidying up of your sons grave didn't upset you to much. Glad you were able to go dancing last night.
      That's a long time that your next door neighbour for your neighbour to be out of her house. Especially over Christmas as well.

      Delete
    4. Hope you're not too upset today Karen. Thinking of you and so hope that nasty cough disappears soon.xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandra & everyone
    Well a bright sunny day we have today although if it's still very cold but makes you feel better seeing the sun. Terry is off soon for another day's work so I'm going in craft room when he's gone.
    BRENDA I love your two cards for TIERNEY & WILLIAM The large SU letters
    Are brilliant I have the large numbers. Love all your buys too.
    KAREN love your shopping the alcohol rubbing looks great
    Hug's xx
    MICHELE your buy look great for your displays xx
    SANDRA Thank you for showing everyone's items love that trolley.
    Well CU is going soon so better make him a coffee.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda
      Love the dies you've bought. I've been thinking of buying these as well.

      Delete
  7. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    I typed a long message earlier, had got to the end and just about to add my name when I lost the internet, it’s now on again and the signal is reasonable strong so I better crack on while I can.

    Another Super Saturday, it’s always a delight to open the blog and have a peep at everyone’s shopping
    SANDRA Love your snow flakes. The trolley is a real bargain.
    JANET, Your canvas is lovely.
    KAREN Great shopping
    MICHELE Great ideas for your card sale

    Thank you ladies for your comments on my cards. The large StampinUp letters really do the work for you. I will happily cut out letters for anyone if you would like to try before you buy, just let me know the colour.

    I’m going to quit while I still connected to the internet.
    Love and hugs, Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hullo Mrs Anonymous aka Brenda.
      Love the cards you've made for Tierney and William. Great Dies but I'd already bought smaller ones from Hobbycraft awhile back. So can't justify the cost for these.

      Delete
  8. Great card and lots of inspiration. Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Well I thought I'd commented this morning. But it's either disappeared or I didn't leave one.
    Love the goodies that everyone's bought. Especially love the ones that Lynda bought. Look forward to seeing what you make with your makes at your friends Karen.

    ReplyDelete