Monday 3 July 2023

Pretty Poinsettia Christmas card

 




Good Monday Morning Ladies,

A wild and windy day here, yesterday was too, not the best start to July!  We had a lovely day yesterday at the Newbury Crafterama show,  it was the perfect size show, it was busier than it has been before but just as before the crowd thinned out by early afternoon.  we had a lovely surprise as we were about to leave Paul spotted Brenda (little Lamb), she looked very well, it was so lovely to see her after so long x  I think that Sue, Sonia and I all spent more than we intended!  

Today's card was made using a beautiful stampin up Designer series paper, I cut the piece almost half inch smaller than my card blank, I added a mat of Evening Evergreen card and cut another piece of white card and mounted it on a piece of  Evening Evergreen, this time with a 1/4 border, I stamped Merry Christmas onto the diagonal strip and added 3 gold pearls at each end to finish. I fussy cut one of the Poinsettias from the dsp and used that to embellish the card, I finished each poinsettia with a gold pearl as the final flourish. 

I am excited to play with my new goodies today after I have been the GP for a small procedure, so I will focus on the crafting to get me through the morning! 

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love your pretty card today, the poinsettia paper is gorgeous 😍
    We had a lovely time yesterday, and I definitely spent more than I was planning 🤭 It was lovely to see everything on show, rather than on a website. Of course the highlight was spending it with you, Sue and Paul 😍
    I will be thinking of you today, hope it goes well, and you’re not there too long so you can get back to your new craft stash! ☺️
    Hope you all had a good weekend.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card I made 2 cards over the weekend with poinsettias on
    I’m pleased you enjoyed Newbury I can’t wait to see all of your goodies
    We enjoyed our game of bowls yesterday and thankfully the rain held off
    I hope today goes OK
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra and all looking in. A beautiful card today. I love how different the card looks with that diagonal strip with sentiment. Another thing I never usually think to do but must try and remember. Those gorgeous little gold dots adds luxurious finishing touch.
    I’m glad this morning went well my lovely. I hope you feel up to crafting later on xx
    I had a lovely day yesterday with you, Paul and Sonia. I definitely spent more than I thought I would. Often these days online is cheaper but there were some really good prices at the show. Thank you again for finding for me the lovely sentiment stamps Sandra and the snowfall embossing folder Sonia 😁 I’m having a quiet day today though 😏
    Sending hugs to you all. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card, pretty poinsettia paper and I love the style of the sentiment. Who is that by Sandra ? Hope your visit to doctors went well.
    Looking for ward to see your shopping. Funny isn't it how easy it is to buy more then you need. Lovely you got to see Littlelamb.
    Lynda, hope you had a lovely B.day. Hugs x
    Brenda, hope your leg feel better.
    Did some gardening this morning, slowly it goes and it will take a few days before we are finished but it looks better already..
    Have a nice day everyone. Many hugs are sent to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, it’s blowing a gale here today, tearing my flowers to shreds.

    Love the poinsettia card, so love the Christmas colours, great idea using the sentiment across the middle.

    Hope the Drs was ok this morning and not too painful and hopefully you will get nearer to getting some answers.

    Not been too good again today, upset stomach and legs and back really bad since yesterday.
    Sounds as though you all had a lovely day yesterday at the craft show, I really miss going to the craft shows at Exeter.

    Sending hugs to all, Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card today Poinsettia always made me think of Christmas they are such a seasonal plant.
    Didn’t manage to comment yesterday blogger was playing up, hope today will be OK. I’m keeping my comment short - just in case.
    Hope everyone is well. Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete