Sunday 4 September 2022

Your Colour Challenge Cards

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Our last weekend away, 😢  it has gone by so quickly this year, having the girls with us definitely made the time go faster.  

They are being thoroughly treated by Milo & Bella, so far they have had 1 mouse, 1 Frog and a shrew!  The frog is still missing in the house somewhere 😒😪, no doubt we will find it somewhere when we get back, Matt went over to help the girls locate the frog but he had no luck either,  Milo is seen 'playing ' with it in the early hours of the morning but it has since disappeared!  

Let's have a look at your cards...

Your Challenge cards

Sue




Sue's Description:

Hi my lovely. Here is my challenge card, using shades of green along with black and white. It is the one on the right hand side. I’ve used one of the gorgeous papers you shared with me a while ago. As always I owe my thanks to the person on Pinterest who posted their card that inspired me. 
Thanks for everything my lovely xxx

So your card is stunning, like you I absolutely love these papers, they are so easy to make beautiful cards with and yours is no exception!  Thank you so much for taking part my lovely XXX 


Karen




Karen's Description:

Here are 2 challenge cards - shades of blue
This freebie die has been one of the best
The 2nd card I covered with double sided adhesive and used CE Glitter Jewels Diamond Sprinkles - an old technique that I’d never tried

Karen I have to agree with you, this die set is amazing for a freebie, every part of it is lovely and so usable, the antlers on the deer are so pretty, so many dies get the proportion wrong or they are too bulky, these ones are pretty and maybe its the symmetry but the just work!  Adding the double sided adhesive and glitter really elevates the look, taking it from special to extra special,  I'm sure its a technique you'll be using again!  Thank you so much for two inspirational Christmas cards. XXX

Lilian 


Lilian's Description:

Hi, here is my page for this weeks challenge, not quite monochrome, the ink is villainous potion, and the papers are Stamperia, an older set called “ Provence “.
The flower stamp came from a. Stamping magazine many years ago.

Oh I love this colour combination Lilian,  I haven't played with my Villainous Potion DO yet, I must get it out when I get back,  so many colours work with green but purple/lilac/lavender and green just complement each other beautifully.  The papers may be older but they are still stunning!  Thank you for a beautiful page my lovely XXX 

Janet



Janet's Description: 

Both of my CC cards for this week were made using CRAFTERS COMPANION DIES and TONIC MIRROR/GLITTER CARD.

Two gorgeous Christmas cards Janet, you can't beat a lovely shimmery foiled or glittered card to reflect all of the pretty fairy lights at Christmas,  it looks like the cards are twinkling too!  I am so pleased that the temperature was more comfortable making it better for moving about and getting jobs done.  You must have missed getting to your Craft Desk too! 
Thank you so much for taking part in this weeks challenge XXX 


Maria



Maria's Description: 

1:  Triple fold card in White glitter card and Gold glitter card mostly. 

2:  Twisted Lemon as a strip,Leafs and Flower and Sentiment in Black

3:  Speckled Egg as background, Feather and Sentiment.

WOW Maria 3 fantastic cards for this weeks challenge,  The wedding card is amazing and will be a perfect keepsake for the happy couple,  did you get to go to the Wedding?  
The second card is in my favourite colour so always a winner in my eyes, the clean and simple style is perfect too 😍
I love that background shape stamp you have used for this card or did you ink through a stencil? Its a perfect background to stamp onto, without it being too busy, the tone on tone Stamping looks amazing,  thank you so much for taking part in this challenge my lovely friend XXX 

Sonia





Sonia's Description:

For the Christmas card I used tumbled glass distress ink. The snowflakes are Memory Box and the sentiment from The Stamp Market.
On the second card I used Spun Sugar. I used a Tim Holtz stencil over the inked square, and butterfly. The flowers are Spellbinders and sentiment again from The Stamp Market.

Such a great idea to use one design/layout to make different cards, as your cards show it works with different occasions as well, just a change of colour and embellishments.  Such an inspirational idea Sonia, thank you so much XXX



*********************

Ladies what a wonderful display of cards, so much variety and many occasions covered, thank you so very much for your inspiration 😍😛😘

I hope that you all have a lovely relaxed Sunday, 

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely cards everyone I will definitely use the double sided adhesive sheets for more Christmas cards and admittedly it’s the only time of year the glitter comes out
    Today we’re off to Harefield Hospital for their annual Fun Run It’s been 3 years so I am looking forward to seeing the rest of Team Gary
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Lovely cards from you ladies. I liked this cc but couldn't get going first for had so many ideas but I will make up some more to have in my stash for upcoming birthdays. I've got a pack up plastic stencils that I used for the speckled egg card. I like this one best.
    Karen, have fun and hope the day goes well .
    Sandra, have some lovely days ahead before your journey back to the uk. Hope the sunshine is out for you.
    Not sure what we doing today yet but the weather looks fine so...
    Have a nice day everyone whatever you are up to. Many hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Love all of the cards on display today 😍
    Sandra enjoy the rest of your holiday. Fingers crossed the frog is located before you get home!
    Karen, hope the fun run went well xx
    Hope everyone is having a good day.
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Sandra I apologise for not mentioning Sophie’s beautiful drawing yesterday. It is gorgeous and I’m sure will be treasured. She has an amazing gift to be able to produce drawings of such high standards. Thank you so much for sharing xxx
    Love today’s challenge cards, each one is a lovely word of art, thank you ladies for sharing. xxx
    Had a quiet day today spent most of the afternoon snoozing! So not a lot has been achieved by me today, oh well there’s always tomorrow.
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend, take care and stay safe.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete