Thursday 11 August 2022

Stamping on Distress Oxide Background

 


Good Thursday Morning Ladies, 

Oh Ladies I know we complain about the cold but right now I'd rather be cold and have the ability to warm up, nothing seems to work for cooling down.  I really struggled yesterday, I was trying to get jobs ticked off the list but it didn't go well,  I did a bit more in the pantry as it is cooler in there, I got a good bit done but just standing was exhausting.  I think that the Antibiotics are taking their toll as well, I have a 10 day course and I will be glad when they are finished.   I tried a bit of ironing but that was a step too far!  Sophie kept popping down to tell me to go lie down, it's funny looking at her right now, she is covered in oil paint, she is still working on her huge painting for the restaurant at the wildlife park, how she has got paint on her shins,  near her belly button, face, arms, I mean I get messy when I and using ink pads but goodness me it looks like she is picking the brush up the wrong way!!  While I am on this topic does anyone else always get ink on their fingers when they open the Versafine Clair inks?? 

Today's card started out with me creating a blended Oxide background,  

I took a Hero arts stamp and stamped a few bits across the inked background, I used Versamark ink and added white and heat set, I think the embossed areas stand out better than the emboss resist technique. I used a scripty type sentiment as it looked more delicate, I added tiny diamantรฉs to the flowers to finish. 

Janet I can't get the picture of Jim sat on the bathroom floor with a cushion and his Sudoko, I totally get it though, it's such a bonus to find anywhere cool.  Have they forecast the heatwave lasting much longer?  Maybe you should spend a little longer in the air conditioned supermarket. It's always like a relief walking into them from the heat but boy do you feel the heat when you walk out.     Can I ask if you are required to wear masks in supermarkets and restaurants at the moment,  I have bought loads just in case, they prefer you to wear medical masks too.  Our Eurotunnel advised that from 9/8/2022 you no longer need to show proof of vaccination/negative covid tests, we are taking ours just in case they ask.  I hope you manage to stay cool my lovely ๐Ÿ˜ xxx

Lilian I think sitting with your legs up is a great idea, it is so much harder to do anything in this heat, it's just exhausting and draining.  Not sleeping won't help either, sending you gentle hugs my lovely friend xxx

Karen,  how did the bowling go, it must be hard work in this heat, especially for you, I'm guessing it plays havoc with your blood sugars, I hope that Saturdays match is postponed as I think it would be too uncomfortable to play in that heat.  Dancing would be a challenge too I imagine.  Take care my lovely XXX 

Maria I hope that you have a better day my lovely, are you booked for any more workshops?? Sending you gentle hugs my lovely XXX 

My love and hugs go out to the rest of you lovely friends too xx❤xx


Are any of you able to make it to Bedford Stamperama?? Sue and I are hoping to be there.

Have as comfortable a day as you can Ladies, 

Sandra xxxxxx 



4 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    It is still extremely hot here. Yesterday we parked the car outside the supermarket (getting our weekly shop so we don't have to go anywhere near now until next Wednesday) and when we came back to the car the temp was 44C even the air con had difficulty coping with it. It did of course come down a little when driving (38).

    SANDRA - face masks seem to be -wear one in supermarkets etc if you want to- to enter France we had to show our Corvid Pass to get through French border and have our passports stamped.

    Have a good day everyone and try to staycool. Please take care and stay safe. HUGS are on their way to you all.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love the colours for the background which made it into a beautiful card.
    Had time for specsavers this morning but will have to cancel it for another day, not good. IBS and pain like anything.
    Hope your packing goes alright and you soon on your way. Pool and beach, just what needed now.
    Have a good day everyone. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Lovely card today, the embossed stamping looks fabulous against the background colours ๐Ÿ˜Š
    I too struggle with the Versafine Clair ink pad, I only have it in black and every time I open it I get it all over my fingers ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚
    Hope you’re managing to get through your lists and everything sorted for your holiday. Take it easy xx
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and ladies
    Sandra I love your blended backgrounds, the colours you have used really compliment each other, the added stamp areas give your blended card a lovely finish. ๐Ÿ‘
    Hope Sophie is getting on with her art project its rather hot to be stuck indoors painting, but for Sophie it will be a labour of love I’m sure it’s going to look fantastic just like the rest of her projects xx
    Hope everyone is coping with the heat. I’m doing as little as possible!!!
    Take care everyone, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete