Wednesday 21 August 2019

Sue's Stunning Groovi Card


Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all well and that the weather  is being kind to you.

We arrived safely on Monday afternoon after a relaxing and enjoyable journey, well apart from some quite heavy rain in the first couple of hours. The two hotel stops were very nice, the second was especially nice, as we had our own cabin with some stunning views of both the mountains and the Millau Bridge, the weather was a little bit cooler this time and there were a lot clouds, which meant that there were no paragliders and balloons, which are fascinating to watch.  The town was packed as there was a Petanque championships going on.  
We both said we would both like to see Millau in the Winter month's as it's a ski resort  (not that we would ski obviously) but I imagine the views of the snow covered mountains would be breathtaking! 
We are staying at the same hotels on our way home too.  
We arrived at our Resort and had totally unpacked the car within an hour and were sitting with a cake from the bakery and cup of tea ready to relax! 
The girl's flight was delayed by about 45 minutes, which gave us more time to relax before leaving to go find somewhere to eat dinner.  We finished up and set off to Girona Airport to collect the girls and Lewis, the beauty of small airports means it was easy to park and walk to arrivals, after about 10 mins their 3 beaming smiles appeared through the doors.  
We were glad to climb into bed at about 1am. 
Let the fun begin !! 

Todays card is Sue's second Groovi card, it's just beautiful Sue, I love the pretty pink background, it works so well with the pretty, floral Groovi Plate that you have used.  Adding the embossed border and then the narrow pink frame really extends the finished piece out to make more of an impact.
Using the matching pink brads finishes your design perfectly. 
Thank you so much for allowing me to share your Groovi card Sue xxx

That's all for today Ladies,

I hope that you all have a lovely day,

Love and hugs to all,

Sandra
xxxxxx 

7 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Sandra-glad everyone arrived safely. Goodness-you have a very long day. Hope today is a relaxing one.

    Sue-wow, your card is gorgeous. Really lovely.



    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    SUE-Oh what a beautiful card. You have really captured the Groovi Spirit.

    I had one of those days yesterday where whatever I tried to do something went wrong so am having to start all over again today.

    SANDRA- so pleased everyone arrived safe and sound so now you can really relax and enjoy your holiday.

    The CAFE is OPEN usual hours and I've found a tin of shortbread in the cupboard so help yourselves.
    HUGS are on their way to you all. Take care and stay safexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card SUE I just know I’d love to have a go at Groovi as I expect it’s very relaxing and calming
    Now the holiday truly begins SANDRA ENJOY!
    I was sorry to read your news MARGARET but now at least you know what you’re working with Take care xx
    Home alone tonight So I will definitely be crafting I am in the middle of crocheting a Twiddle Muff It is just a long double thickness tube that you add buttons ribbon zips texture etc They’re for people with dementia to occupy their restless hands Some hospitals use them to cover cannulas to stop them fiddling with the tubing I have been asked to organise a knitting/crochet group at work during our health and well-being week and that’s what I hope to get the group to have a go at
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sue your card is beautiful, love you.xxx
    Sandra enjoy your holiday.xxx
    Thank you all for your best wishes means a lot to me.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & ladies
    WOW SUE your card is gorgeous I love the colour
    I really must give it a try I'm very bad as I've had the starter kit for a couple of years now.
    I also want to try my Todo & do some foiling so watch this space 😱
    SANDRA hope you have all gone into chill moad now & you can all really start enjoying your holiday
    I have just finished my ironing so chilling out for a bit. I will go in my craft room I have got to do my Challenge card & two birthday one's so hopefully my mojo plays nice.
    MARGARET Sending you some big Hug's Hope you're feeling OK today.
    I's your wheelchair ramp finished now. Happy smiles ❤️XX
    Sending HUG'S too everyone
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Sandra I’m so pleased the girls and Lewis arrived safely, I’m sure you were all pleased to see each other. Enjoy your holiday - just relax and take it a day at a time. xx
    Sue WOW what a lovely card. Your Groovi skills are fantastic. xx
    Been up to Holborn today with my sister, she wanted to go and see some of the housebound she used to visit on a regular basis when she lived in London. It was lovely to see them, but I think it has exhausted her.
    Margaret, sending you gentle caring hugs xx
    Lillian, hope you are enjoying your visit to the family xx
    Take care everyone, Love and hugs, Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies.
    Love the groovi work Sue, a lovely card. Hope you doing ok.
    Sandra- Glad the girls and Lewis landed in the end and you now can have a very nice,relaxing holiday.
    Glad to say we seem to get a nice bank holiday so looking forward to that with having Son coming back from Iceland on Saturday night and Step-son up for the weekend.
    I hope you all had a good day and will have a good night. hugs Maria xx

    ReplyDelete