Saturday 17 August 2019

Mixed Up Saturday Featuring Michele's Magazine Review


Good Morning Ladies,

Today's line up features Michele's Magazine Review and some Stamperama Shopping!

The photo at the start of the blog is of Karen's Make & Take Projects. 
The Snowman card was made at the  "A Crafty Place" stand, it's a lovely die, I know that Sue will love it. The card that Karen used to back the Snowman has a lovely shimmery effect, it's one of Pink Frogs Coated card range (the red velvet is still my favourite) 
Karen added Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Kiss to add sparkle to the Snowman  which sounds easier than adding glue and then  the glitter. 
I love that stamped tag too, but I can't remember the name of the  shop that did that particular make and take.


Karen got a lovely surprise in the post on Tuesday, I will let her tell you all about it......

"Look what I got in the post today! So excited to get started 
I pre-ordered it expecting it to arrive in September So it was a lovely surprise and as it’s a pre-order It’s been autographed by Kerry"


Last but not least we have a photo of Karen's Stamperama Shopping 






Hi Ladies,

Double feature this week..



Cardmaking & Papercraft has a lovely set of Autumnal Stamps & papers this month. 




Here’s some ideas inside the magazine.




Look at the great cards you can make with the free gift. 




Feature on how to make giant bows with Oval Dies.




Gorgeous sunset backgrounds made by stamping & masking. 




Great ideas for male & female birthdays!





Next magazine to be reviewed is Papercraft Essentials which has an Embossing Folder & Die set fre this month. 




Some ideas from inside the magazine.




Absolutely loads of inspiration using the free gift in this feature.




More idea including how to make a Stamp to match your Dies. 

That’s all for now-Happy Crafting.
Michele 

Michele thanks for this weeks Double Feature Magazine Review, I think that I must have that Embossing folder featured in Papercraft Essentials, so versatile and looks great quality too, I love when a magazine puts loads of inspiration in for the freebie they have featured.
I have the first magazine featured today and might try one of those 'Bow Cards', i will let you know how easy the tutorial was to follow!
Thanks again my lovely for all your hard work XXX

Maria 




Maria has kindly shared both her 'Make & Take  and her crafty shopping, with us.

Maria's shoe card is a 'House of Zander' card, which I believe was on the Dolly Dimples' stand, they have some gorgeous images. I love your card Maria xx

Maria bought some amazing goodies on Sunday, a good few stamps, I love that Fern Stamp.
Thank you Maria for sharing your Make & Take and your fantastic  shopping. Xxx

Have a lovely Saturday ladies 

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra 
Xxxxxxx



7 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    Karen-Love your Make + takes, your crafty shopping looks great and fantastic that you got your book early plus a signed copy too.

    Maria-great makes and a bumper lot of shopping.

    Had a nice morning at my friends although we didn’t do what we’d planned. I had an extremely lazy afternoon-reading and Crafting. We had torrential rain all day yesterday so it’s nice to see it’s fine today-still very breezy though.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    What beautiful make and take cards and loads of crafty shopping.
    Thank you MICHELE for your mag reviews. Veru imformative as usual. Will be having a look this morning.

    Very busy day ahead for us. Usual shopping and meeting Jim's Niece for coffee and then a bbq for Nicky (my youngest though she will be 52 on Tuesday) this afternoon. My Granddaughter has arranged it so all the family will be there. I have everything crossed that we might get some fine weather and not like yesterday where we too had torrential rain and high winds all day.

    The CAFE is oPEN all day and there will be cream teas this afternoon so help yourselves.
    Have a good journey SANDRA.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all. Have a good day; take care and stay safe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra just lost a comment, hope you have a safe journey.xxx
    Karen lovely make & take & your shopping, the book is some thing special.xxx
    Michele good magazine review.xxx
    Maria love your make & take & your shopping. Thank you for hugs my foot is easier, hugs on the way.xxx
    Sending hugs to all love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ladies.
    Lovely new book Karen and like what you bought and made from Stamperama. Hope all goes fine with Oscar.
    Thanks Michele for the mag reviews. I like them both this month, oh dear more pennies.
    I finished off the shoe back home,wanted to put some black around the cut edges. yes as I don't buy much during the year other then at fairs I did get quite a bit of shopping and also bought some Tombola at Hochanda and won 4 out of 6 tickets so had a good day. The ferns are the die from SW, don't normally use a lot of flowers or leaves but liked these. Just sent some cc's to Sandra,hope they are alright ?
    Janet- Have a wonderful weekend and wish your daughter a Happy birthday. Really hope the weather is staying good for you all.
    My meet up with other ladies who are suffering with Fibro was really nice and we had a nice chat while having coffee and a snack together. The lady holding it thought one of the ladies who didn't come this time but that she is into Crafting so I will contact her and see if I can found someone here in MK, it could be nice to craft with someone or a group. Miss that some days.
    Have a nice day everyone. Plenty of hugs in the basket, just help yourself xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Afternoon ladies
    To say I’m shattered would be an understatement! But I’ve had so much fun looking after Oscar We’ve played with Play Doh Duplo Books And went to the park All by lunchtime!
    I was pleased with my purchases from Stamperama and painting with Glitter Kiss was new to me and very effective
    Thank you MICHELE for the magazine review I always look forward to seeing them and have only ever bought a magazine after seeing your reviews
    I like your buys MARIA and you were very lucky on the Tombola
    I hope your journey is going well. SANDRA
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & ladies
    KAREN you got some lovely shopping at stamperama & your signed copy was a big bonus. Enjoy looking after Oscar tonight.
    MICHELE thank you for your magazines review.
    MARIA love your make & take card it lovely. So is your shopping you have some great stash.Glad you keep in touch with the Fibromyalgia pain management ladies. When I went their they didn't put their selves out to chat most of them had friend's or husband /boyfriend's with them. 3people even walked out.
    SANDRA hope you're on the ferry or off the ferry by now. Have safe journey towards your next overnight stay.
    Just going out I have to pick up my medication from Tesco's.
    Hug's for everyone Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies,

    Hope your journey is going smoothly Sandra.

    Lovely goodies today.
    KAREN pretty card and such a lovely book. Signed as well - great. Love all your guys as well. Have fun with them.x

    MARIA another pretty card and what an amazing haul ofg Lots of lovely things to play with. Glad your pain management meet went well. I know Helen meets up with her group for a coffee every so often.x

    MICHELE two lovely mag review. Like the gifts in both of them especially the owl. Thanks as usual for going to so much trouble.

    Really happy to report that a low life that mugged my friend has been caught and charged. Gill said Tony feels a lot Almera today. Hope when the case gets to court he actually gets a punishment and not just a rap on the knuckles.

    My heart also goes out to the young widow and family of the policeman who was murdered on Thursday. What a wicked world it's become.

    Love Valxxx

    ReplyDelete