Sunday 28 July 2019

Your Cards for Karen's 'CASE' Challenge



Good Sunday Morning Ladies,

Karen set us all a fantastic Challenge last week, I absolutely loved this Challenge and it helped me overcome my 'crafters block' !
I hope that you all enjoyed ''CASE'ing' Karen's card !

So without further delay, let's see your cards...…

My Cards 




I have to say that I loved this challenge, I just didn't struggle to come up with ideas for this one, as you can tell x

Maria


Maria made two cards that she 'CASED' from Karen's design, Maria's first card is so pretty, I love the effect of paper piecing the different colours of card into that lovely flower die, so effective and such bright cheerful colours.
Maria's second card would make a great man card as well as cards for any celebration, I love the clever placement of the pearls to look like the bubbles flowing out of the bottle.
Two fantastic cards Maria, thank you so much for crafting through that intense heat! xxx


Janet



Janet has made three amazing 'CASED' challenge cards,  two beautiful birthday cards and a Christmas card too. Its nice to see some of those old dies back in use.
''Janet's Description'...….
"I use a Tonic die for the first card and the vase is a puffer sticker from La Blanche. The branches of pearls are from my 'flower' box.

I used Sue Wilson dies for my second and third cards. the flower and other embellishments all came from my stash."

Thank you so much Janet for three amazing cards, you have learned a 'New Technique' too, you must have been exhausted after your horrendous journey home last weekend but that hasn't stopped you taking part, I am so grateful xxx

Val
Val has made a totally gorgeous Christmas card for her version of Karen's card, I love that Embossing folder that you have used, I bought it after you used it last year! 
That stamped image you have used is just so adorable and funny and you have coloured it beautifully, you have finished the card perfectly with that narrow red ribbon and the snowflake charm.
Thank you so much Val for also battling through the heat to take part in this weeks challenge xxx

 Karen


Karen made four more cards, CASING her own card, all four are amazing, I have to say I particularly like those monochrome Christmas cards, I love the butterfly ones too mind, I just think that the Christmas ones look quite classy.
Karen's Description...…

Card 1 & 2:
Two more CASED cards
The blue one is PP and the second is a caught in crystal
Topped with JL butterflies
Happy Birthday = Hunky Dory
and Belated Birthday = Paper Boutiques


Card 3 & 4:
Here’s 2 CASED cards using SW striplet and sentiment heat embossed is from a magazine freebie

Thank you so much Karen for 4 more amazing cards xxx

Lynda


Two amazing cards for Lynda for this weeks 'CASE' Challenge, WOW Lynda I love them both, the first one is so bright and bold and cheerful, the second one is just stunning. I love that 'Wish' die you have used on that first card.
Lynda's Description.....

''My CC my lovely
Blue one is a wish die down side JL small butterflies large one a wish die.
Red card a wish panel & sentiment also from wish xx''

Thank you so much my lovely for sitting and making these beautiful cards despite being in pain, I hope that they come sort something out to help you soon xxx




 Cheryl

Cheryl I absolutely love your 'CASED' Challenge card, you have used Sue Wilson's 'Eternal Rings' Striplet die to create that lovely in laid pattern, the embellishments are what make this card those 3 beautiful roses with the green foliage look stunning.

Cheryl you are just so incredibly organised when it comes to getting your upcoming cards made, how many months are you ahead now?  
I really appreciate you taking part in our challenges my lovely xxx

Michele


Michele has made two fantastic Challenge cards, one Birthday and one Christmas, Michele I love how you have used that Sue Wilson Die, it looks amazing.  That 'Happy Birthday. die is lovely Michele.  I also really like that die you have used for your Christmas card, it makes a perfect Christmas card but I am thinking that it isn't particularly festive so you could use it on any card.
 Michele's Description...
"Two challenge cards from me, Both made using Sue Wilson Dies & bits of Card from my scrap box plus I added a few gemstones. Happy Birthday sentiment is the Lawn Fawn one I bought recently & the Seasons Greetings is a Robert Addams one."

Thanks so much Michele for two stunning challenge cards, that you made despite a busy, stressful week at work. xxx


Ladies, what can I say?? Well apart from Congratulations! Most of you had never 'CASED' a card before this week but you have mastered that technique and made some incredible cards as a result.
I couldn't be more thrilled, thank you all so very much xxx

I hope that you are all having a lovely relaxed weekend my lovelies,

Love and Hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx










13 comments:

  1. Morning Ladies

    What a fantastic selection of challenge cards today.

    Karen-many thanks for suggesting this challenge, I enjoyed it and it’s not something I’ve tried before (CASE).

    Yesterday was the Summer Fair at my Father in Laws Nursing Home which was busy despite the rain. We had fun and my F in L was participating-o was handing him money and he was paying then choosing the tickets on the Tombola stall. We had a few wins and he won a prize on the raffle. I took his photo of him clutching hold of his prize and he looks quite happy.
    We have torrential rain today so definitely no gardening! Hopefully I’ll be able to spend some time in my craft room as it cooler today.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear that you and your FIL had fun at his homes Summer Party. Doreen’s is on the 8th Aug. The theme is The Mad Hatters tea party. It should be interesting,

      Delete
  2. Morning Everyone
    from a much cooler and damp Sheffield.
    WOW what a fantastic selection of 'CASED' cards. KAREN thank you so much for the Challenge.

    I have to admit that until this week I hadn't a clue what 'CASED'meant.I had seen the title before but never looked it up or investigated.So until SANDRA spelt it out last Friday I was totally in the dark. It just goes to show you're never too old to learn.

    We both arrived back from our shopping yesterday morning soaked to the skin. We have to park on the road and we have steps down to the front door because of this I have to walk round to the side of the house where we have a path across the front. So the shortest way is down the steps. So imagine this me with a shawl round my shoulders(this was already in the car from way back) Jim's hat on; walking sticks in hand and Jim holding me up. The result shopping left on the kitchen floor until we had fully dried off and completely changed from skin out. Afterwards we were laughing imagining this as a stage sketch as it must have given some a laugh. At least we might have brightened soneone's day.lol

    The CAFE is OPEN and the lunch menu today is Roast Chicken so place your orders.
    HUGS are on their way to you.
    MICHELE so pleased the Summer Fayre went well.
    Have a good day whatever is planned.Take care and stay safexxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies,
    Wow ladies what lovely cards. As usual love everyone's interpretation of the same theme. I
    Like Janet I'd never heard of 'cased' cards either so thank you Karen and Sandra for a new idea.x

    Actually I'm feeling a little jealous of Michele and Janet talking about rain. I'm sitting here in just bra and pants feeling like a limp lettuce hoping nobody rings the front door bell. Not a pretty sight ha ha.

    I'm just about to carry on sorting out my craft room. In a way I'm sorry I started as it looks more of a mess than ever. Ive really got far too much stash for such a small room and why I keep half inch bits of paper in a large box baffles me. It's now in the bin.yeh. one down about 50 more to go.

    Have a relaxing weekend ladies.
    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val
      We had your hot weather in the week, but it’s much cooler today. Like you my craft room really needs going through and having a clear out. Talking of bra & pants. My neighbours are both out in the garden. Georgie is out in her bra & pants doing some pruning ( skimpy ones at that ). Phil her husband is out in his boxers & a tee shirt. They seem to forget that I can see them from my kitchen window even though they have a six foot fence up. It’s not right down towards the house though. Love the Christmas card.

      Delete
    2. Hi Pat, well they've got more nerve than me.
      Just spent 4 solid hours sorting out. Got three full bin bags and only one corner has been sorted.
      Enjoy the rest of the day.x

      Delete
  4. Hi Sandra and ladies
    Well I hoping this posta today. Lovely cards and mags Report from yesterday.
    What fantastic makes you’ve all made for the cased challenge last week. As per usual not one the same. We had rain most of yesterday. However, no rain in Oxfordshire at the moment but it is quite windy.
    Take care everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret Palmer28 July 2019 at 11:24

    Hi Sandra & all ladies in café,
    Sandra sorry I didn't comment yesterday I was having trouble with my computer. The cards today are all lovely.xxx
    Karen thank you for suggesting cased cards & your card yesterday with was beautiful & the poem from Alan was the finishing touch, thinking of you both today & sending hugs.xxx
    Danielle your bags are gorgeous.xxx
    Michele thank you for magazine review.
    Brenda the pictures of your garden are beautiful no wonder you are proud, enjoy. Hope Grandsons enjoy their experience
    & have a safe trip.xxx
    Please Janet could I have roast chicken for lunch, sorry you got so wet yesterday.xxx
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & ladies
    WOW some gorgeous case card well done everyone.
    Thank you KAREN for great case challenge. I also didn't have a clue what case ment until Sandra said it was. I also like this week's challenge xx
    Well the rain is holding off so I'm going to get a shower. & get ready.
    Hug's for everyone
    Love Lynda xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ladies I don’t know what to say YOU ARE ALL AMAZING and thank you for taking part I hadn’t heard of CASE either I’m so pleased you all seemed to have enjoyed it Like SANDRA I could have carried on with other Striplets and stamping etc
    I am pleased the Summer Fair went well.MICHELE These things are so reliant on the weather
    We went to the zoo again to visit Gary’s grave All I can say is that it was very poignant A few tears and a few smiles at seeing the children all excited at seeing these “big” animals in real life 🦁🐵🐒
    Take care all Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Everyone.
    Lovely Cased cards all around, I liked doing this challenge and have thought about using it again.
    Karen- sending you and family my special hugs for today, take care.
    Oh Janet- I now got a vision of you walking down those stairs as my own Grandma would have looked with her hunched back under a big shawl Lol Glad you got in safe even if rather wet. Have a quiet day.
    Val- It's not easy when you get so hot so not sure what to do with yourself, hope you got fans and do you have a pool nearby ? hugs
    Michele- glad you had a fun day with FIL, hope he is ok. You have a restful day.
    Margaret- hope you and Pop are doing alright, hug
    Lynda- hope the pain meds. are helping some and you can have better days. Have you joined any of the wheelchair races that are around yet ? Big hugs for you and Terry.
    Pat- what a lovely view you got from the kitchen :/ perhaps she was wearing a bikini ? Hugs
    Lilian- hope you doing ok and taking it easy, take care.
    Brenda- you all must be so relieved that his brother could join him for the flight. Hope they have a good journey.
    I'm late with everything today as only got up at 1pm and the reason mainly was the woman/ witch next door started to run around the garden and in the street with a big torch and shouting for the dog who i don't think is even there at the moment. Anyway I won't be doing to much today but pleased to say I nearly did 2 cc's yesterday, yay me going Lol I'd like to make a x-mas one too, you all seem to have started to make yours and a good idea to be early. Waiting for the fog to lift in my head and then will see.
    Have a lovely Sunday everyone and hugs are plenty.Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    What a brilliant collection of CASE cards. Like most of you I had never heard of them. Ladies you should be so proud your cards are amazing. 👏 well done. xx

    KAREN thinking of you xx
    JANET what a picture you paint of the soaking you both had. I agree it’s a comedy sketch in the making - you couldn’t make a situation like this up , could you? xx
    VAL Good luck sorting out your craft room, I really do need to sort mine out AGAIN If you have any energy left will you send it this way .... please

    Grandsons sent a text at 6am this morning they had arrived in Zanzibar, they had four hours to kill while waiting fo the connection (a 12 seater plane) to Tanzania, that flight takes about 45 minutes. They have since sent another text, they were met by one of the Nuns at the airstrip ( I said airstrip because they only two planes in and out a day ) and have arrived at convent where they will spend the next week, the school where Sam is helping is in the same compound. I’m sure Dominic will also be found work to do! I can breathe again, now I know the are there safe
    and sound.

    Hope your weekend has been good, Love to you all Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete