Saturday 13 July 2019

Mixed Craft Saturday, Some Bit Boxes & Michele's Magazine Review




Good Morning Ladies,

Welcome another Mixed Craft Saturday, we also have some of your 'Bit Boxes' to look at and some lovely crafts from Janet & Karen. Maybe a bit of shopping too.

Janet made those beautiful candles at the top of todays post, they are so lovely Janet with the added bonus of them lasting forever as they are Battery Operated.

I will add Janet's description below:

The candle decorations are from LA BLANCHE and are rub ons. The candles are battery fed and I wouldn't put them on any other sort.

Thanks for sharing your stunning candles with us Janet, what an amazing Gift Idea.  Putting them in the Hurricane Jars really enhances their beauty. XXX 







Hi Ladies, 




First up in this weeks review is Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine which has a lovely set of Stamps & 4 Dies. 





Here’s some ideas of what’s featured inside the magazine.




This picture shows some of the really pretty cards you can make using the free gifts.





Interesting article of Rocker cards & all you need are large Circle Dies . 





This article makes this style card easy to make. 






Second magazine to be reviewed this week is Papercraft Essentials which has a lovely Pop up Box Card kit as a free gift.




Here’s some ideas featured inside the magazine.




This is the first of 3 features showing what you can create using the free gift.




Second article using the free gift.





And the third article.





This looks like a great technique & if anyone wants the instructions, just let me know.


That’s it for another week-Happy Crafting.

Michele 


Thanks so much Michele for another fantastic 'Bumper Edition' Magazine Review. 
I have actually made a card using that 'Set Back Stamping'  technique, I will share it below.  Xxx




Karen 




Karen has shared her two latest Crocheted Critters with us, the first one is made up with some yarn that Sue might recognise, Karen didn't quite have enough for another rabbit so made this cute little critter instead. 
The second one is the same little cutie but in a beautiful shade of blue. oops and he's bald! 
Both are gorgeous and made from Kerry Lord's ''Edwards Imaginarium''.

Karen also did a little bit of Crafty Shopping, the first item being a lovely set of SW's flowers, the good thing about this set is that you would get lots of flowers in one pass of the die cutting machine, which can save so much time.  Those little flowers are perfect for using up your bit box too.

Karen's last purchase is kind of my fault (sorry Karen), I bought these Spray Bottles a few weeks ago from The Craft Box, they are 'The Best' spray bottles out there, they have no tube inside, which means you can use them any way up (as the plastic tube doesn't have to be in water), they have the finest mist too.  I am going to take one on holiday to keep in the cool bag, as it think that it would make the perfect cooling mist for hot journeys or hot days on the beach. You can put your mica powders in them too and they don't get clogged.
Thank you so much Karen for sharing your shopping with us, oh and your little cuties of course. XXX

Cheryl's Bit Box

Cheryl has a very tidy and organised 'Bit Box'  just as I suspected, as Cheryl sets an example to us all with her organised craft room, I hope that one day I will be almost as organised as you my lovely.
Cheryl uses most of her scraps to die cut things for Milly-May's Nursery School to use, which is a fantastic idea and a great way of recycling your card off-cuts.  
You have some very pretty pieced of paper in your Bit Box Cheryl, that red polka dot one is lovely!
Thank you for sharing your 'Bits' with us 😜




Cheryl was also kind enough to share some photo's of Beautiful Teigan in her stunning Prom Dress,  she looks so beautiful,  her dress is very Classy and her hair is so pretty too. How lovely that you got to share such a special moment with her Cheryl.
Thank you so much for sharing your photos with us XXX 

Janet's Bit Boxes


Janet's 'Bit Boxes' are also very organised compared to mine, I think you, like me Janet have been keeping your 'bits' for many years, I have decluttered and re-decluttered many times, the biggest was when we moved here, I off loaded  a huge amount to Sue's Grandchildren and the Beavers, which made it so much easier to part with than just binning it, I had got in to the habit of saving the tiniest of scraps of pretty papers, I saved bits off cards that people had sent me (shop bought), but I had never used them.  I still have a HUGE collection of Kanban/HunkyDory Card kits that were 'The In Thing'  about ten years ago, I think there are a few of us with the same ones in fact.  My problem with those is that they cost a lot of money at the time so I can just off load them, maybe I could make them up into mini kits to give to Care Homes to use for their Occupational Therapy afternoon activities or something.
I will add Janet's Description of her 'Bit Box' below:


All my Challenges have been made from bits large and small in the two drawers and poly bag. I have saved toppers from before I started with die cutting and

when I first started paper crafting 13yrs ago along with pieces of card/paper/soduko pages all of which have been used over the years when I have been here in Marigny.

Thank you so much Janet for sharing your scrap collection with us and your stunning candles, I really fancy having a go at those, I have a plain set of Battery operated candles on my Mantelpiece that I could use...watch this space!
I think that you and I were building our vast craft collection at about the same time Janet.  XXX
Maria 

Maria has shared her 'Bit Box' with us too,  it looks quite organised Maria, all colour coordinated, I am impressed Maria, its way tidier than mine.  Thank so much for sharing it with us. XXX


Michele


Michele bagged herself a BARGAIN (no surprise there)😜 When she picked up the Prizm Die cutting machine from the lovely Christine Emberson's Hope & Chances Store 'Pre-Loved' Section, you can often pick up amazing die sets etc from there so it's always worth a peek from time to time.
Michele also picked up the 'Edge Greeting' dies from Craft Stash, I don't doubt that they were a steal too!!  
Keep inspiring us with your Crafty Bargains Michele, maybe we should make a 'Crafty Bargain' Feature on the blog, not necessarily what you have bought, it could be Bargains that you have seen that others may not.
For instance...…

Hobbycraft have some fantastic BARGAINS at then moment  5 x 7 Card Blanks with Envelopes are Half Price at £2.50  
They have Kraft card packs in half price sale too they still have the Trolley (same as Ikea Raskog) for £25 too, so well worth a pop over to their website for a browse. 

That's all for today ladies,  I hope that you all have an amazing weekend,

Special hugs to our Lilian xxx

Love and hugs to  all of  you too,

Sandra
xxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Morning veryone
    WOW WOW what a bumper selection for a Saturday. CHERYL As I said on fb what a stunning Young Lady and a credit to yourself.
    KAREN- two of your fantastic critters. I particularly love the first one He/She is gorgeous.
    MICHELE-thank you for your usual informative Mag Review. I only wish I was able to get to see them in 'real life' this week as the pop up one really looks interesting.Perhaps one might be on the shelves when I get back.

    Now 'bit boxes'. Oh how organised you all are. Mine may look tidy but believe me by the time I've finished looking for a piece of card/paper etc it's all over the place and then I just cannot be bothered to put all back tidy when I have to clear away. I keep promising myself I'll really have a go at sorting etc but never seem to get around to it.
    MICHELE-your buys look interesting. You really know where to buy from.

    Our Friday market was a really good day for people watching as usual.
    Our cakes this week were very simple.
    I had the most delich Lemon Meringue which just melted in the mouth and so refreshing.
    Jim went for one of his favourites a piece of Fruit Flan (this has a custard like base)with Claude Rein in it.

    We're having a quiet day today as it's already more than quite warm.
    Have a good day everyone whatever you all have planned. Take care and stay safe. HUGS are winging their way to you all.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Janet-the decorated candles look gorgeous, would make s perfect gift. Your “bits box” is interesting and of course you’ll have something similar at home too. Do you have a complete craft set in both places??

    Karen-great crochet creatures, so cute. Some great crafty shopping too.

    Cheryl-great go see your bits box & such lovely photos of Teigan.

    Maria-a very organised bits box. I forgot to send s photo of mine so I’ll do that this morning!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's thanks to you I got mine in some kind of order after talking about how you stores some of yours so thank you. Also thank you for the mag review, I like both magazines so watch out WHSmiths. xx

      Delete
  3. Your candles are so pretty JANET Rub ons are so much better these days and are definitely making a comeback
    Thank you for the magazine review and some great ideas for this week’s challenge - fun folds
    Your bargain buys look good too Mine aren’t necessarily a bargain I needed black card which I buy from the Range and as OH had his wallet out the dies just fell into the basket too
    I was so impressed with the spray bottles when SANDRA I thought I would treat myself I love my Ranger one but the fact that these spray at any angle tempted me AND using it as a coolant - BRILLIANT
    Your bit boxes look good All my bits are white card or plain coloured card separated into my storage drawers!
    TEIGAN looks stunning You must be very proud CHERYL As I said on FB I love that colour
    Thank you for liking my Imaginarium creatures I love making them
    As the weather appears good at the mo we are just deciding what to do with it!
    Have a good day Massive hugs all around especially to LILIAN LYNDA and MARGARET xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret Palmer13 July 2019 at 11:03

    Hi Sandra & all in café,
    Sandra what a bumper lot we have this morning, it must have taken ages to do.xxx
    Janet your candles are lovely & your cakes sound tempting.xxx
    Michele thank you for magazine review & well done on your buys.xxx
    Cheryl thank you for sharing photos of Tiegan she looks stunning.xxx
    Karen 2 beautiful creations & love your buys. Thanks for hugs.xxx
    Maria your bit box is very organised.xxx
    The café is open cream teas are on menu today.
    Sending hugs to all who need them love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning everyone.
    Janet- love the candles and great they never burn down :)
    Karen- oh my world :) how cute are they. Will you give them a mouth ? Like your thinking going shopping. Unfortunately OH don't wont to put his foot at the Range Lol
    Cheryl- you must be so proud. Tiegan is Beautiful, love her dress and hair.
    Michele- cute little machine and dies, our queen of shop :)
    Raining so all thought of hanging the washing out and doing some gardening is out. Breakfast then waiting for some energy for anything
    Have a nice day. Many hugs to you all ,Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a shame I don’t get the chance to go to The Range very often I go there for black card mainly as it’s 210gsm and cheap
      If you or anyone else wants me to try and buy some just let me know

      Delete
  6. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    I started to type my message after lunch today, was called away I closed my iPad only to return later and it had disappeared, I wouldn’t mind but it was rather long and almost finished.....Grrrrr.
    JANET your candles are beautiful. xx
    CHERYL what beautiful pictures of Teigan, her dress and hair are gorgeous, bet she felt the bell of the ball. Please thank her for allowing you to share these stunning photos. xx
    KAREN your critters are gorgeous, I’m sure they will be loved and cared for. xx
    MICHELE Thank you for the magazine reviews, always so helpful. Great little machine you found on H & Cs website,

    Ladies you put me to shame with your organised bit boxes. I like the idea of keeping similar colours together, might see if I can make that work for me.

    Hope your weekend is going well, Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete