Thursday 25 February 2021

My First attempt at Watercolour on a Distress Oxide background






Good Morning Ladies, 

I hope that you are all well, I almost got my washing out on the line yesterday but after I had dealt with the aftermath of white tissue in a dark wash, ooh that makes me mad! Anyway by the time I had picked all the bits off, I got ready to go out and it had started raining,  which it continued on and off for a couple of hours so I just put washing on airer in front of the Aga, it dries quite fast there but not as nice as being dried outside. 

Today's card is my first proper attempt at watercolour, using my new Koi Watercolours that were half price at Craft Stash.  I had made a pile of Distress Oxide backgrounds weeks ago by squidging ink pads on craft mat, spritzing with water,  then spritz watercolour card with water before dipping card into ink, I then spritzed again to get colours to blend, they do turn out better if you let them air dry (once again I used the Aga).  
I picked a coupke of the backgrounds based on this weeks colour challenge, I dusted it with anti static bag and then stamped my floral image in Versamark,  I added gold embossing powder and heat set. Then came the hard part trying to choose which colours to use,  I went with orange and pink to match the challenge mood board, then added green for leaves. Having the embossed outline made the colouring really easy. I left the colours to dry overnight and then matted onto gold (to pick out embossing) and then orange and green. I added a tag that I die cut from a similar coloured piece and stamped 'For you' on and embossed with gold, i pulled a piece of narrow green ribbon through and attached to my card.
It's a different look, I quite like it. 

Paul is off to work today so I will be in my craft room, what are you all up to?? 

Enjoy your day my lovelies, 

Sending Love and hugs, 

Sandra
xxxxxx 

12 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    A very interesting and lovely card SANDRA.

    I'm hoping to finish my CC today and then photographed. Well that's the plan.We'll see what happens.

    The CAFE is OPEN ready and waiting and I've put some snowdrops on the tables just to make it feel like Spring is not too far away.
    HUGS to you all with loads of extras for all Dear Friends not feeling too good.PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    I love both variations of the card Sandra-both lovely.

    I have 4 days off work-today I’m going to do the shopping in Tesco & Home Bargains then just relax.
    Tomorrow I’m hoping to do some basic gardening-the forecast is for sunshine all today & tomorrow.

    Janet-I’m so glad you found your scissors.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning ladies,

    Beautiful card Sandra, the colours are definitely spring like.

    Total of 12 pinwheels now, I had to stop last night my fingers were so tired of folding the tiny pleats. bonus was I found a large amount of yellow and orange papers to make more over the next couple of weeks for preschool in time for Easter and Mothering Sunday.

    Up in the loft with Jamie this morning for a good tidy up. we've decided to do a car boot sale when allowed. Maybe we shall find some treasures up there? Who knows?

    It must have rained during the night everything looks sodden and limp and the sky is slowly brightening up.

    Love 7 hugs
    Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take care in the loft Cheryl. Our food timbers are to low to be able to get into it. You have to crawl around on your knees. So no room for a loft ladder.

      Delete
  4. Your card is lovely SANDRA Are the Koi watercolours paints or pens?
    Rain stopped play a bit yesterday I started painting an ottoman outside and so I had to quickly move it into the shed I then decided to leave it to dry ready for a second coat today I hadn’t realised how quickly chalk paint dries!
    So second ottoman having first coat this morning and then hopefully both will get second coat this afternoon if I can stay awake long enough!
    Have a great day everyone Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we get to see your ottomans when they’re finished Karen, I know you said you’d wait to see fabric in the flesh so to speak before they’re finished. And enjoy your few days off.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandra and ladies
    A lovely card Sandra today. I’ve just come back from a walk. I did nearly a mile today. Well 200 steps shy actually. But my was I pooped after that. It’s the longest I’ve done in one stretch at a time. It’s quite mild here today although no sun. We had no rain yesterday although it was quite windy. I have a couple of cards to make. One a dreaded man card. I have some Groovi plates that are around gardens do I’ll do something on those lines. Although I have loads of cards done. I need to do one for Amber whose 17 on the 18th March. Mind you she’ll be back at college then.
    Take care and stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone
    Hope your day going as planned and you enjoying it so far.
    Lilian, I sending you an extra hug and wish you soon feeling better.
    The weather here is ok and not too windy so we also had a good walk this morning. It was nice to hear the birds singing and it is a brighter day.
    Found the die I was looking for so hope to make a card this afternoon, hoping the colours be alright for the cc.
    A basket full of hugs are just inside the door so help yourself to as many as you need today, stay safe and take care. Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone
    Beautiful card, love everything about it 😊
    Not had chance to craft yet, hoping to be able to make a ‘new home’ card (to fit in with this weeks challenge) as Luke and his girlfriend are moving into a place of their own on Monday. Been busy at work, so after a quick tidy up when home, I’m really not feeling like doing much at the moment.
    Hope you’re all having a good day. Sending hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello all, it’s been sunny, but not very warm.

    Sandra love your cards, both colours are great.

    Still feeling a bit under the weather, so haven’t done much.

    Hope you have all had a good day. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sandra and ladies,

    Beautiful card today Sandra. Your watercolour skills are impressive.

    After the lovely sunny day we had yesterday today has been mostly dull and gloomy with showers. I suppose it’s to much to expect two nice days on the trot.

    Margaret and Lynda hope you are both well and avoiding the COVID-19 virus. Have you had your vaccination yet? Sending caring hugs to you both. XXX

    Take care everyone and stay safe and warm. Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete