Sunday 3 May 2020

Your TicTac Toe Challenge Cards



Good Morning Ladies,

I hope that you are all enjoying the weekend the weather has been a bit on and off for us, sunshine  and showers yesterday.  On Friday we went for a stroll around the village while the sun was out, so bright in fact that I had my sunglasses on! We stopped to collect the masks and then picked up some Brussel Sprout plants from a little sale table, as we were walking home the heavens opened, so much that I was wet through to my underwear, thank goodness for the Aga to dry coats etc and to warm up!

Anyway let's look at your amazing cards...…..

Brenda


Brenda has designed two incredible cards, the first one I LOVE, it is 'Bright and beautiful'
The second card is a perfect man card.
Brenda's Description:
"The first one I saw the idea on one of  HoneyDoos videos. Amanda was making a card with a stitch in time stamp and die set. I didn’t have those but I did have the carnation stamp and die set.

The masculine card is a really old JustRight stamp and matching die. I’ve had the vintage car stamped and cut out for a long time it’s been floating around my desk/work area forever, anyway today I found some suitable backing card which I’ve aged and stamped over with Brushed corduroy distress ink. Hope all that makes sense"

Brenda, thanks so much for taking part in this weeks Challenge, your cards are amazing.  XXX

Maria


Two lovely cards from Maria for our Challenge
this week.
The first card is a gorgeous Sunset scene using tge New die that Maria hinted at on the chat group. Your card is amazing Maria,  I love how you have used the die.
Maria's second card features a beautiful die cut flower, perfect for any occasion.
Maria's Description:
"The die I bought was this little pier and I made it with the sun going
down. Heat embossed the happy birthday. Water,Male and die cut.
Female, Favourite colour and die cut for the second card.
Hope you like them."

Thanks so much Maria for two amazing cards XXX

Lilian 


Lilian has created a beautiful nautical scene on her Challenge card this week, I love the texture you have created making the sea look so realistic. The boats and shells that Lilian has are old Sue Wilson dies.
Lilian has used Categories: Water Theme/Simple stamping/Die cut

Thank you so much for taking part Lilian XXX

Sonia




Three stunning cards from Sonia for the Tictactoe. Three totally different designs all absolutely gorgeous. 

Sonia's Description:

"Here are my challenge cards:
The first one comes under the categories of Feminine/Floral/Birthday card/Die cut element. I used Anna Marie Designs papers to cut the butterfly and APG Brillante Rondelle (peaking out from behind) along with the Sue Wilson’s Pierced Flag under the vellum cut one, and finishing off with the sentiment.
The second and third cards come under Simple Stamping/Floral/Feminine. I inked my card pieces before stamping the Gummiapan words stamp, and the Inkylicious Make a Wish stamp. Added a flower from my stash and LOTV sentiment on second card. I framed the stamped image and added the grid stamp for the background on my third card."


Thank you so much Sonia, your cards are beautiful XXX

Sue


Sue has made 2 amazing cards for our weekly challenge, the first card has an amazing background, love the colour. 
Sue's second card is Capt Tom's 100th Birthday card, I love your design Sue!

Sue's Categories: Masculine/Die Cut/Birthday

Thanks so much Sue for taking part XXX

 Janet 



Janet has also designed three amazing cards for this week's TicTacToe Challenge. 
The first is a beautiful feminine card, I love that lacy embossed piece.   2nd card has one of Phil Martin's new stamps, they seem to work well on any style card. Lastly a great man card, those vontage images are perfect Janet and I love your script background. 

Janet's Description:

"My first card this week is made using Floral/Vintage/feminine/Birthday
My second card is made using Floral/Stamping/Vintage/Feminine/Bday
My final card for this week is made using Male/Stamping/Bday.

Thank you so much Janet, your cards are amazing, something for everyone, thanks for taking part XXX
Karen




Karen has designed three gorgeous cards for this week's TicTacToe Challenge,  they couldn't be more different,  the first card uses different ink techniques, stamping etc, the other a delicate printed image with a die cut, simple yet beautiful. Karen's third card is Alan's birthday card, a great design Karen.
Karen's Description:

Card 1:  This card is a take on a Tracy Evans card
Masked off centre and used Squeezed Lemonade Carved Pumpkin and Picked Raspberry to create a blende I then edged in Summer Meadow gilding flakes 
The die is an old Memory Box one The flowers on top are snipped from die and coloured randomly with the DO’s Simple stamped elegant is a Phill Martin one
So Floral - die cut - simple stamping


Card 2: Floral Die cut Fav colour (blue)
Paper is Serif
Die cut is from Wish which I’ve shadowed with the dark blue x

Card 3: "Here’s my final cc for this week
Simple stamping - male - birthday
I stopped myself from stamping bubbles/cheers etc
It’s for OH’s birthday on 16th May I might tweak it a bit and  somehow ground the Guinness glass which is a google image printed on glossy photo paper"

Thank you so much Karen your cards are amazing as always XXX

Michele 

Michele has used an Ella's Design (I think) CDrom to create her TicTacToe Challenge card, I love all of the little details including the grass and the layered clouds.
The Categories: Die cut/Masculine/Birthday

Thanks so much Michele for taking part XXX

************

Thank you so much ladies, your cards are amazing, I am so grateful to all of you, without you taking part this blog would be nothing. 

I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend,

Love and hugs to all you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

12 comments:

  1. Morning Everyone
    Well what a fantastic selection of CCs this week and as usual not one alike.

    We had sunshine yesterday and for onceit was quite warm.
    Not sure at the moment what today going to to turn out.

    The CAFE is OPEN and tables once again are outside.
    Lunch menu today is Chicken with apple turnovers for afters.
    Please place your orders.
    HUGS are winging their way to you all. PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ladies

    Fantastic selection of challenge cards today.

    We did some gardening yesterday and hubby managed to cut the grass. Not much planned for today.
    I tried phoning Kia customer service yesterday as there’s a warning light on my car-it’s the drivers seatbelt sign. It only flashed up on my way home on Friday. They’re only open 9-5pm Monday to Friday so I’ll have to phone from work. The car is only 15 months old and is still under warranty. Not sure how il get anything fixed but I don’t want to just leave it.

    Housework this morning then hopefully some time in my craft room I got an email with a discount code for my birthday from Craftstash so I might be tempted to do an order!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that Phil felt well enough to cut the grass. Hopefully you’ll get through to the garage and they’ll be able to fit you in to get the car sorted. Lovely card on the blog today. Take care & stay safe.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards ladies with some great inspiration They are all lovely
    I was so pleased to read that your son’s MIL seems to be recovering BRENDA
    I did do a bit of crafting yesterday afternoon as although I needed to catch up on some sleep I was on edge for some reason and couldn’t relax So the next best therapy is craft!
    I’m looking forward to the chat later I will set an alarm to remind me
    Take care all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra & ladies
    Some stunning cards on show today, and as per usual not one the same. Managed to nearly sort the greenhouse out yesterday and dig some of the weeds out behind it and cut some brambles down. You’d think after all the rain we’d had the weeds would dig out quite easily but they didn’t. I just need to get rid off the old compost and put new in ready for the tomato plants when they get a big bigger. I also finished off a card from my online class but wasn’t happy with blending the crayon over the dandelion clocks. Didn’t turn out as nice as the big card I’d made in class with Ronk Langton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra and all in the Cafe today. So many lovely cards to enjoy as always on a Sunday. It always interesting to see just what everyone comes up with. I am having problems with my photos not showing the right colours at the moment and haven’t got a clue why as I haven’t changed anything on my phone. My first card is actually a dark rich burgundy shade and the blue balloon is a lighter royal blue shade. It is annoying but I hope that the little table top photo white box set that Chris got me will help ( the one positive thing about my lack of memory is that I didn’t have a clue what the parcel was when Chris gave it to me yesterday. Apparently we talked about it on Tuesday! 😏
    Mum, enjoy doing your knitting. I keep forgetting to say that of course I can sew the teddies up if you can’t manage that bit. Love you xx
    The weather is better here again today, definitely much brighter and warmer than the last couple of days. Have a good day everyone. Sending love and hugs to you all with extras for Lynda, Mum and all in need. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your card with the feathers Sue and the card for capt. Tom. So may card in the school hall, it was amazing . Have a nice day x

      Delete
  6. Hi ladies.
    Many wonderful cards on show this Sunday, love the papers, colours and stamp/dies that have been used.
    Michele- glad Phil is better. Have fun looking on Craftstash site for something, always something we need isn't 😌 Hope the car is alright.
    Brenda- good news about you son-in-laws mother, hope she be fine. Hope you feeling ok today.
    Margaret- so nice to hear you manage to do some knitting, special hugs for you and Pop.
    Lynda- hope you can do some colouring or stamping in the craft room soon. Did you get a new chair in there?
    Sonia- did a catch up on your blog,you make some lovely cards.
    Karen- funny day, hope you are ok. Keeping an eye on the diabetic readings. I've got my pills changed reg the blood pressure but still a bit on the low side. Sending the readings in a weeks time, have to see what doc saying next.
    Pat- take care doing all that gardening on your own and hope you nor sore today.
    Janet- hope to see you for some chicken and apple turnovers later. Had some old apple so made an apple crumble the other night but something went wrong :/ Hope the family are alright.
    Well the rain is coming down here for the day so didn't go with OH for the walk. Feeling cold so going to do some house work to warm myself up, hopefully that should work .
    Many hugs to you all, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello All, very misty and chilly here today, but it’s supposed to warm up at the end of the week.

    All really WOW cards today, so many different styles, lovely for inspiration.

    Ironing done, yummy pasta and cauliflower bake for lunch with garlic bread, so I’m feeling rather full.
    Hop you all have a lovely chat this afternoon, unfortunately 4pm Sunday’s is when the family call.
    Not much else going on, hugs Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandra and ladies

    What a fantastic selection of inspiring challenge cards ladies. It’s amazing how they are all totally different given the quiet a few of us have similar dies and stamps.

    LILLIAN your lunch sounds yummy.

    Sorted out Zoom on my iPad already had FaceTime, now have WhatsApp on the mobile (with the help of grandson) so have every chance to have a face to face conversation with family and friends - well that’s if I can make them work!!!

    Enjoy the rest of your day ladies.
    Love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra and everyone.
    Wonderful selection of cards today 😊
    Hope you’ve all had a good day, and enjoyed the chat. Sorry I wasn’t able to join in.
    Hugs to all xxx

    ReplyDelete