Tuesday 16 October 2018

Trying a new technique!




Good Morning Ladies,

I was browsing on YouTube yesterday afternoon as I was unwell and resting and I always end up watching Jennifer Maguire, she is so inspirational to watch.  She used to fancy stamps to make a card where the stamped image was on a base layer with a second layer has the matching die cut into it creating a frame around the stamped image.  She just used embossing powder on her cards as they were silhouette style, I thought I would use a stamp that I could colour in. 
I used the floral spray stamp from Stampin'Up! Petal Palette to stamp my images in opposite corners, I stamped in versamark added Copper Embossing Powder and heat set.  I then coloured the images with the light and dark Blackberry Bliss and Old Olive Stampin Blends. I then cut a piece of vellum the same size as my the card I stamped on and laid it over my stamped images, I then placed the matching dies over the images and taped them to the vellum, I then cut another piece of Very Vanilla card to the same size and laid the vellum over the card so that it lines up perfectly.  I die cut it and then trimmed about an 1/8 of an inch off each side, so that the top layer was a tiny bit smaller. (which is hard to see of these photos).  Before adding foam pads I stamped my two sentiments in Versamark and added Copper Embossing powder and heat set.  I die cut a small flower spray from another die set twice, once in Blackberry Bliss and once in Old Olive, I cut the flower out and laid over the Old olive die cut, so that my flower matched the colouring and base card.
I then put lots of foam pads onto the back of the frame piece and lined it up over the stamped images.
I added a Blackberyr Bliss gem to the centre of the flower to finish.
Something a little different, you can do this with any stamp that has a matching die.

I am going to keep this post short as I am really not feeling great, I started with another Water infection on Sunday late afternoon, that got worse as the night went on, I was up and down all night which I struggle with anyway.  I have been taking Paracetamol, Ibuprofen and all of my usual medication to try and help with the pain, I had a phone consultation with my GP yesterday afternoon and she prescribed me anitbiotics, she was so helpful, she was only going to give me 6 tablets to last 3 days so I explained that because I have had this frequently I generally need more that three days, so she has given me a weeks worth and told me to stop taking them after three days if I felt better.
So fingers crossed they will work fast so I can get a bit of relief, the other frustrating part is that I am shivering one minute and sweating the next!

I hope that you all have a lovely day my lovelies,

Love and hugs to all of you,

Sandra
xxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. Hi everyone,

    SANDRA so sorry you're not feeling so well but pleased the doctor was able to help. Hope the infection clears up very soon and in the meantime have a lot of r+r. Sending hugs.x
    Just love the new technique on the cards. Very pretty idea, Such a stunning colour youve used.x

    Up bright and early as I'm off to have my nails done. Then some last minute shopping to take to UK.

    Have a good day everyone.

    Special hugs for Pat Pete Lilian and Sandra and all who aren't having such a good time at the moment.x

    Love Valx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Everyone
    It's still dark here in Marigny but dry and not a breathe of wind. We had another glorious day weather wise yesterday so much so that we sat outside to have our morning coffee and just wached the birds flying from one birdtable to another. Our forecast is for the same today.
    ec
    SANDRA- a very pretty card and a very interesting technique. I'm afraid I'm a real coward in trying different techniques so I really must try and step outside of my comfort box.

    Off now to have my breakfast as Jim has just got back with the bread. HUGS are winging their way to you all. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Ladies

    Beautiful card Sandra, love the colours.
    Sorry to hear you’re not feeling too well, hope the antibiotics start working soon.

    Yesterday was fairly busy at work but no major problems luckily. Hopefully I’ll get time this week to clear some emails.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra and ladies,
    Beautiful card Sandra, Jennifer Maquire is so inspiring and have watched quite a few of her videos, haven’t seen this one, so this is a technique is one would like to try, thank you for the inspiration. Sorry you’re not feeling very well hope the antibiotics kick in soon and you’ll feel a lot more comfortable.
    I am off for INR check this morning and we will have some lunch out before returning home. So will look in again sometime later.
    Hope everyone is having a good day, thinking of you, hugs Brenda XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra & all in cafe,
    Sandra sorry to hear you are feeling unwell, hope antibiotics kick in soon. Interesting cards today must have a look at Jennifer Maquire, the cards you made are lovely.xxx
    Café is open, drinks are on & fresh flowers on table, soup today is lentil or leek & potato, so please call in & have a chat.
    Sending hugs to all who need them particularly Sandra, Pat & Lilian, love Margaret.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra & everyone
    Stunning card SANDRA I will have a look for the tutorial on you tube for the video.
    Sorry you have another water infection Sandra Im glad your doctor listened to you
    Regarding the antibiotic hope they kick is very soon.
    We had the hairdresser come round this afternoon so glad as my hair was getting long & heavy & Terry was beginning to look like the man from Borneo haha
    He's just gone out to do some gardening for a old lady.
    So I'm going to Craft room to make Challenge card. Hopefully .
    PAT Hope Pete's treatment is going ok.sending Hug's
    Lilian hope your feeling better today sending Hug's
    Hug's for everyone.
    Love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you’re beginning to feel better SANDRA
    I love your card I will definitely route out my matching dies and stamps and try this
    I thought MATT’s stall looked amazing I hope he carries on and as others have said the more he does them the more people will get to know his wares
    A photographer friend had/has a stall at a monthly market She was very despondent at the beginning but she stuck at it and people now know what she does and visits especially to book her
    Just about to attempt a cc before it starts getting dark
    Big hugs to YOU PAT PETE and LILIAN
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi All, my comment from this morning seems to be floating around somewhere.

    Sandra love your card , I also think Jennifer Maquire is great am following her.
    Hope you start to feel better soon, lucky you are allowed to take ibuprofen as that is one drug I really miss, still have to manage without.

    Hugs to all , time for bed. Lilian

    ReplyDelete