Thursday 2 October 2014

Gorjuss Katie's Birthday

Good Morning Everyone,
I made this card for our Niece Katie's birthday,
she is 12, I find it not so easy to make cards for teens, but the Gorjuss range seems to fit the bill!
 I decoupaged the Gorjuss girl and mounted her on Anna Marie Designs Spotty card, using Sue Wilsons California Collection Basic Frames A set, I added a matt of blue card using paper from the Gorjuss range and using the outer die from Sue's Beverley Hills die, it gives the perfect width of matt!
I creased the front of an 8 x 8 card to make an easel card and covered the card in the two papers I had used before.  I mounted the topper onto the
card using Pin Flair Glue Gel and the decorated using Sue Wilson Grand Vinery Die and Faux quilled Flowers , topped with some pearls.
I added a bow of stripey ribbon from the Gorjuss range and topped with a button and some bakers twine.
The bottom of the card was decorated using a border made from using a Martha Stewart punch and topped with a strip of ribbon that I had used on the top of the card.
I cut the sentiment using California Collection Decorative frames set B and Set A.
I used Pin Flair glue to mount it on the ribbon
 The overall size of the card is 8 x 8.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you like the card as much as I do.
Crafty Hugs,
Sandra xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. Yes Sandra 12 year olds are not the easiest. Don't I know it. I ended up decorating a photo frame and putting a picture of Anna and her pony Denise into it. And gave that to her instead of a card this year. Thank you for your lovely words you wrote with your comment on Sues blog to day. Sorry you can't go and have a crafty day after all. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sandra just gorgeous your Niece will love it love your lay out & the colours are lovely. Hugs lovely...love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra. What a lovely card, Katie will love it I'm sure. The blue patterned paper is so pretty and I love the ribbon. I hope some of your talent rubs off on me when we craft together : ) See you Wednesday, I hope. Take care.

    ReplyDelete