Good Wednesday Morning Ladies,
Well yesterday was exhausting, my goodness that girl can shop, we covered all the big interior shops, I was good, I only bought a big green plant pot in HomeSense, it was £23 reduced to £7 ! Oh and a pack of spatulas, exciting huh!!! I did have a quick look at the craft stuff in the Range but there was literally nothing other the children's craft bits. I think that it's impossible to walk into a shop and buy good craft stuff, unless you have one of the few craft shops that we see at shows on your doorstep. It's sad to see the decline in craft shops, I buy most of my craft stuff from either Karen at Charmed Crafts (stamperia mostly) Buddly crafts (Tim Holtz stuff) and Ben at In2Craft for Arden Creative. I shop at a few others if these places don't have what i need, these 3 have amazing customer service.
Which shops do you all use?
No explanation required for this one, it may not always feel like it but you are all 'more' than enough xxx
Today's journal page I started Monday and finished yesterday, it started with a sheet of patterned rice paper, I added some white paint using 'dry brushing' then I added some snowflakes by stencilling with white texture paste. I dried it quickly and added a bit of stamping. I took a tag from the White Christmas junk journal, added an eyelet and popped some ribbon through. I glued that tag down and added the little boy die cut, adding the little bird to sit on his hand. Around his legs I added the birdhouse, some pinecones and flowers.
Some gauze torn and added along the bottom of the tag to look 'snowy', then the sentiment and a few splatters finish the page.
I hope that you all have a good day, it's going to be up in the 30°'s so please take care my lovely friends,
Love and hugs to all,
Sandra xxx


I think just wandering around browsing is so tiring and boy in this heat too
ReplyDeleteGreat reminder I love your journal page and a genius idea of adding the gauze as snow
There’s supposed to be a bowls match this afternoon I wonder if they’ll cancel it because of the heat
Are you all prepared for the solar eclipse- no glasses but will try this neat trick of using a colander
Got to make one of those cards we hate to have to do this morning
Take care everyone xx
Hi Sandra and all looking in. A beautiful journal page today. I love the way the tag sits on the background, it’s almost a 3D effect. A cute little boy holding the bird. The gauze snow looks great too xx
ReplyDeleteI find shopping so tiring these days even if I am using Zoom, my electric wheelchair, we just don’t have any craft shops do we now as even Hobbycraft have only a very limited range of card making supplies that are often expensive! I am finding it really hard to make decisions too which takes even more time and means I often don’t end up buying anything.
There are bargains around now though with the summer stuff being reduced if you need anything. I have to say B & M Bargains have some fabulous autumnal home wear this year, I think that they have really upped their game in this section. Home Bargains have some lovely bits too. We don’t usually have any specific autumnal things but I am very tempted to get a few bits. Will have to go weekend shopping with Gem as she is good at knowing what I like and whether it will look good in the house.
I have a day at home waiting for someone to come and replace a toilet handle which came away in my hand. They are going to replace both as they are nearly 30 years old. They are very good at giving prompt help when we ring if it sis something that I need. But sadly not good at other upkeep.
I hope your leg continues to improve Lilian xx
Have z as good day ladies. Take care. Love Sue xx
Hello all, very hot again today, so although on of the papers say we are going to get rain, ill believe when I see it.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good day shopping yesterday, I’m hoping I might be able to get out when I’m fully recovered.
Your journal page is beautiful, I love the way you make everything sit so well together.
Get today’s saying . Have a cool day everyone. Lilian
Hi everyone
ReplyDeleteLove your page, it’s beautiful 😍
A lovely reminder too.
Glad you managed to get a bargain! Hope Becca got what she needed.
It’s a shame there are no local craft shops around now 😕 I tend to look around online and compare prices before I decide. It’s lovely to actually go and browse though so am grateful for the couple of craft shows that are easy to get to 😊
Hope you’re all having a good day
Sending hugs to you all xx
Lovely journal page the detail is brilliant. Sounds like you had a great day shopping with Becca, last time i went into the Range i was so disappointed with the lack of stock and wonder why they have so few items in the craft department it looked like they were running the department down, it really was a waste of time.
ReplyDeleteLilian hope you are beginning to feel better and get your mobility back soon..
Sue mind how you go in your wheelchair xxx
Take care everyone and stay safe, love Brenda xxx
Hi everyone
ReplyDeleteLove, love your journal page. Everything is so beautifully put together. Hope you had a rest today after your shopping spree 😊
Sadly it seems like the crafting shops are disappearing, not many craft shows around either but I have booked my tickets for the NEC. I follow Altenew because I like their things but trying to get some bits in the UK as they want £15 postage to the UK ! Amazon sometimes have some things and Julia W still selling on line.
Hoping that you all had a good day. Don't think it will be much sleep tonight but I guess we try.
Hugs to you all Maria xx