Thursday, 27 August 2026

Dragonfly Dreams card 2

 


Good morning ladies, 

We had an unexpectedly warm day yesterday,  Lucy and I popped to shops and it was showing as 29.5 ° in her car.  It just feels like we need a huge thunderstorm to clear the air.  We are forecast rain all day today,  it did forecast it yesterday but it didn't appear! 


Such a lovely reminder today,  even the hardest things in life are so much easier to experience when you have someone special that helps you through it ❤️

For today's card I used a piece of the patterned paper from the Dragonfly Dreams paper pad, I picked the paper that best matched the colour of the dragonfly that I fussy cut from the same paper pad.  I created a top folding card base (4 1/4  X 5 1/2 inch ) I then cut the front panel 1/4 inch smaller and used an old magazine freebie from years ago, I believe its by Paula Pascal, although that could be wrong 🤣😂  I die cut the chevrons out of the centre (ish) of the panel added foam pads to the back and adhered to the card base with the patterned paper behind it.  I added some sparkle to the dragonfly wings .....


If you look closely you can see the sparkle!  I put foam pads underneath dragonfly to lift it off of the panel.  I added a sentiment and some gems that look oddly yellow on these photos in reality they are aurora borealis.  

We had a late night last night as we had a Turkish Meal to celebrate both Matt & my birthdays.  

I hope that you all have a lovely day, 

Love and hugs to all, 

Sandra xxx


5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card I always tend to use flowers for Get Well cards so thanks for the idea
    A truly great saying It certainly helps As my mum would say “a trouble shared is a trouble halved”
    The cataract hurts as healed - yippee! Just got to wait for second one now
    Sadly we’re at a funeral today of a bowls club friend I’m helping with the catering as well
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Love your beautiful card. I have the paper pad, must get it out and use it! 😊
    A lovely reminder today.
    Hope you had a lovely time last night and enjoyed your birthday meal. Didn’t realise it was Matt’s birthday too, hope he had a great day 🥳
    Karen, glad to hear the cataract is healing. I hope today goes as well as can be expected 🥰
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    A gorgeous card and so was yesterdays. I like the dragon fly, it's a good size.
    Good reminder today. We always telling eachother our problems as we can all relate one way or other. 🙄🤭
    Glad your better Karen and can go back to dancing. Have you got the date for the other one ?
    Sonia, hope your parents are well and you had a nice time.
    I love Turkish food and you make me hungry Sandra, hope you had a great time and a Happy birthday to Matt as well x
    Haven't been in the craft room today but after we coming back home tomorrow I will hopefully have a few hours in there 😊
    Sending love and hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone, well we certainly had some much needed rain during the night, heavy showers, but none today.
    Love your card, unusual idea for a get well card, great for a male.
    Good saying today . Not done any crafting yet, started but ,had a try this morning, but just couldn’t stand the pain in my legs,.
    Hope you all have a good night. Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card today, I love the dragonfly.
    We have certainly had some much needed rain today I think the garden will look better for it and the water butts are at last starting to fill up.
    We went to our hairdresser friend today, going there we got caught in the heavy rain storm, I had mesh shoes on and the rain soaked my feet i don’t know why I bothered having a shower this morning!
    Hope your day has been good.Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete