Sunday, 9 August 2026

A look back at this weeks makes

 









Good Sunday Morning Ladies, 

I had quite a self indulgent day yesterday,  I spent the morning repotting plants, watering and pruning dead leaves etc from the lack of watering while we were away,  only one looks like its totally not going to recover and that's my Poinsettia,  I am a little sad as I was proud that I'd kept it alive for so long after Christmas,  although none of the new foliage had the same pink that the original ones had, they must die them or something.   Then I went to sit out in the garden watching some craft video's,  doing crosswords, maybe a little craft shopping 🤭 

Lets look back at some of your makes...

Karen 

Karen's Description:

I haven’t had time to create anything with this that I created on ChatGPT 
I asked for a vintage Santa reading a list alongside some presents and reindeer 
I didn’t like the reindeer so asked for them to be removed and asked to have first two names changed to Oscar and Charlie!

Oh Karen what an absolutely gorgeous image of Santa,  the boys will love seeing their names on the 'Nice' list.  The background in that vintage style really adds to the overall Christmas feel, this would make a lovely Christmas card. 
It's lovely that you have the magic of believing in Santa with the boys,   I really miss that element of Christmas eve. 

Thank you for sharing your image, I hope that you feel up to crafting this week my lovely XXX 

Lilian 

Lilian wasn't able to get into her craft room this week,  as she is recovering from surgery.  
So I thought I'd share a card from a couple of years ago.  It might jog your memory and encourage you to look back at some of your old stamps and stencils. 
Such a beautiful Christmas card Lilian,   I hope that you are feeling a little better each day XXX

Maria

Maria's Description:

I am sending you a Christmas card here where I have used the same Poinsettia dies as last week just in different colours.

What a lovely Christmas card,  I was just explaining above about my Pink Poinsettia from last year, which shows you can have them any colour,  I love the gorgeous bright colours you have used,  that basket weave embossing folder is the perfect background too. 

Thank you so much for creating a card for this week’s blog post my lovely XXX 

Sonia 

Sonia's card for today's post wasn't quite ready and I know that if it were me I'd want it shown at its best. 
So I am sharing a Christmas card that Sonia made for Teddy a couple of years ago. 

Such an adorable stamp,  coloured beautifully,  the background paper ties in perfectly too. XXX




***************

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday, 

My love and hugs to all, 

Sandra xxx

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful makes and just goes to show how some Christmas makes do not date Lilian and Sonia’s cards still look “current” today
    I love your poinsettia card Maria I can remember Sue W saying that poinsettia come in loads of colours- she used to be a florist apparently
    Oscar will definitely believe in Christmas- not sure if he understands it and Charlie might still believe He’s very on the ball I might print it out at A4 size and display it to remind them about good and naughty lists 🤣
    The Great Fete was good but not really my cup of tea music wise Let’s see what today will be like It’s fun being out with friends and people watching 🤦🏼‍♀️ Hope the pain is easing Lilian
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Lovely creations today 😍
    Karen, your image is beautiful, and adding the boy’s names is a wonderful idea. I might do something similar for Ted, Scarlett and Navy if you don’t mind 😊
    Sorry I didn’t get in yesterday, we went to Dorset for the day. We had a lovely time when we eventually arrived! It took three and a half hours due to roadworks, an accident and a broken down vehicle 🥺
    Lilian, I hope you’re ok and not in too much pain 🥰
    Having a quiet day today, I may try to finish my card.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Fabulous cards ladies. I love the vintage Santa Karen and how you have put Oscar and Charlie's name at the top of the list.
    Lilian, a beautiful Xmas card. Sending hugs and hope that you are getting better for each day.
    Sonia. I saw your photos online and I'm a bit jealous of your gorgeous grandchildren because you just want to cuddle them 🤗🤭
    I think you will see these poinsettias quite a bit 😉
    We drove to the, Bell Plantation, about 2 hours ago and we are still sitting in the air conned restaurant with a coffee. We are going outside to look at thier plants but don't think we buy any this time. I also going to have a quick look in bon marche. As I told you before they do have a hobby craft here but not much for paper crafter's so won't go there .
    It's going to be a hot day so take care everyone. Many hugs to you all for a lovely Sunday. Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete