Saturday, 12 September 2026

It's Saturday

 


Good Saturday Morning Ladies, 

Firstly I'd like to bless you all with all of the above 🤣😂😘

I hope that you are all well and relaxed and ready for the weekend.   Our plans changed,  no Anniversary weekend away this week,   sometimes things just aren't meant to be.   We did still go to Farnborough,  Paul offered for us to stay somewhere nearby but A) there wasn't anywhere that was interesting enough to make a weekend of and B)  After a somewhat painful Bladder Clinic visit my bladder was sensitive overnight and throughout the day but after a trip to toilet in the afternoon I had the most agonising bladder spasm,  iit bought me to tears,  I am keeping everything crossed that its just a flare up caused by yesterday's treatment,  I asked her to dip my sample and she said it was ok,  which makes me hopeful,  either way it would have been miserable to be struggling with that pain after spending money on hotels etc.  

Now onto Farnborough show,  in all honesty it was a let down,  luckily we got concessionary tickets so paid £12 for both Paul and I,  I would have been furious if I'd spent £12 each,  there were way more sewing stands than craft,  there may have been 10 proper craft stands, you know its bad when even Honeydoo aren't there as they attend every show,   apart from Card io and Sweet Poppy stencils most other stands had those big bins of naff bits that you have to rummage through,   there wasn't any card selling companies,  in fact it's quite sad when you think back to some of the company's that used to be at the shows,  Clarity, Lilli of the Valley,  Pin Flair, Pink Frog, Anna Marie Designs plus her husband's paper stand, limetree,  Crafters Companion,  indigo Blu,  Stamps Away,  creative expressions, Gummiapan to name a few,  there was always a real buzz of excitement around the exhibition halls, I overheard a conversation at the Dies to Die for stand about the problem they had with theft,  at the last show they lost £400 of stock to theft, which on top of the cost of exhibiting at the shows meant they barely make a profit,  which explains why companies don't bother I guess.   Which is such a shame as there is nothing like seeing the craft demos and holding the actual craft products in your hand.  

My Shopping 



That's it,  crazy compared to what I used to get !! 

I did go onto Charmed Craft and order the Poem and Flowers Stamperia collection to compensate! 🥰😍

Sonia's Shopping 




Sonia had a much more successful Shopping spree than I did,  I think you must have bought most of that before I arrived Sonia!!   I can't wait to see what you create with your lovely haul.   



This reminder needs NO explanation 🥰😍😘

Not sure what our plans for the weekend are now 🤔,  it will depend on my bladder I guess.   Our village has a festival on today,  so all being well we may visit that,  Lucy and Soph are both suffering with flu symptoms, so they won't want to go,  I'm hoping they keep it to themselves.  

I hope that you all have a lovely Saturday,  

Love and hugs to all, 

Sandra xxx 





4 comments:

  1. Hi everyone
    I love the crafters blessing 😊
    I hope you’re ok my lovely, and manage to rest today.
    Totally agree with you about Farnborough, such a shame. I remember the very first time I went - many years ago. I got a 3 day ticket and I bought something each day, it was so worth going back to! I got what I needed yesterday but not everything, there were card blanks and A4 card packs I got too but didn’t photograph. The Stamperia and Prima Marketing goodies were ordered the other day, and my neighbour kindly took delivery of them for me as I wasn’t in, so that definitely made up for the lack of goodies bought from the show. It was so lovely to spend the time with you and Paul - even though he was busy working. It made it all worth it 😘😊
    Shame you couldn’t find anywhere to stay to celebrate your anniversary, but I hope you can have a lovely weekend together.
    I’ll be in my craft room today 😊
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blessing and reminder Shame you didn’t have much success at Farnborough Wasn’t it advertised as a sewing show primarily?
    I had heard that a lot of the companies don’t do shows now because of theft which is awful
    Looking after the boys tonight Daughter is going to a festival and OH will be going to Chelsea It will be chaos but hey go!
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, all, another dull day.
    Love the blessing.
    Sorry to hear, the craft show was such a wash out, so disappointing when you really look forward to it.
    Not feeling too good today, I think all the painkillers are catching up with me. Knee is still extremely painful.
    Karen enjoy your time with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone sorry being so late again but I will be here a few hours more so......
    Love the blessings but nothing can be hidden from my OH 😄
    Good shopping from you both but sadly it seems like paper crafting it's not dying completely but do disappeared into the background of sawing, knitting and crocheting.
    I went to Dobbies today who was doing a craft tea with the little dinky sandwiches, a scone and some miniature cakes 😉. The thing we made wasn't that fantastic and it takes six hours to dry so I will take it photo when it's finished.
    I hope that your migraine was better Sue and that your teeth are fine.
    Oh Lilian, I feel your pain and this is the knee that they operated on ? It doesn't sound right that you should be in pain still. Speak to someone about it and get help will you ?
    Take care everyone and I hope that your day was good. Hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete