Pages

▼

Sunday, 20 September 2026

A look back at our makes this week

 




Good Sunday Morning Ladies,  

I hope that you are enjoying a lovely weekend,  a quiet one over here,  I was generally pottering around yesterday,   I spent a good part of the morning (2 + hours) on the phone with Matt,  sadly Haze (Alex's Dog) who is over 10 years old,  has been off his food and lethargic,  so they took him to the vets and it turns out poor boy has a large tumour on his spleen,  they aren't sure if it has spread and he's not strong enough for surgery to find out,  the tumour is more than likely pushing onto his stomach which is why he is off his food.  They have given pain medication and anti sickness for now,  sadly it's just a waiting game.  They are going to spend the next few weeks spoiling Haze and spending quality time with him.   This is the hard side of having pets, over time they become family members,  making times like this hard to cope with.  

I also carried on with re-organising the pantry,  three bin bags filled so far this week,  bloomin Flour weevils don't stick to Flour!!  I have no idea how they get inside sealed plastic containers,   which makes me think they come in the actual bag if flour, which is so frustrating!  We also had quite a collection of out date spices,  you buy them for a recipe needing only a tablespoon or two, they get put in your spice box and forget about. The other thing was cereals,   the girls occasionally pick a cereal, try it a couple times and then decide they don't like it.  Paul and I are boring he likes weetabix and I have porridge,  Granola or cornflakes!  
I am looking forward to having a very organised Pantry though.  

Let's look at what you have been making....




Lilian 


Lilian's Description :

Hi, here is my challenge card for this week.
It is meant to Autumn, but it is more summer.
A bit of stencilling, a fussy cut robin, with some washi bits and pieces. 

Such a perfectly designed Autumn card Lilian,  I think Robins are my favourite bird,  he looks so majestic on that fence post.  The flowers you have added really enhance the Autumnal feel. 
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card XXX

Maria 

Maria's Description:

Crafting this morning but it did take me some time to get moving because of looking at Pinterest 🤭😊

I took a piece of ice blue card and ran it through a snowflake embossing folder.

I then used some stickers that I bought from temu and placed them down before splatter with white paint all over and me as usual 🤭

Maria your card is amazing, the background you have created works perfectly with the images you have used.   The scene you have created with the stickers is so lovely,  it could be a pre laid out scene from a Stamperia collection.  A perfect Christmas card.  Thank you so much my lovely for creating something for today's blog post XXX


Sonia 


Sonia's Description:

To fit the challenge, I took one of Shaylee Morehouse’s AI prompts to create some bookmarks. I chose the Seasons theme. They are ready to print and be made into bookmarks 😊

Wow Sonia your bookmarks are perfect depictions of every Season.  I love them all,  my favourite is definitely Autumn,  those colours are beautiful, although  Summer is a very close 2nd. 

Thank you so much for creating your lovely Seasonal Bookmarks,  such a lovely idea for a little gift for someone XXX 

*******************

I hope that you all have a lovely Sunday,  

Love ams hugs to all of you,

Sandra xxx 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work ladies I did send something in but it was early in the week
    I think all seasons have beautiful colours etc in their own way Not sure I can pick a favourite and if I did I’d probably change my mind
    Today Team Gary are having their annual meet up It’s the second year that we have decided not to do Harefield Hospital Fun Run I am so proud that family and especially his friends still meet to have a catch up with each other and seeing their children growing up
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone
    Beautiful creations today ☺️
    So sorry to hear about Haze, that’s so sad 😢
    Karen, that’s wonderful that you all meet up. Have a lovely day 🥰
    Off to my great nieces christening today and then Mark and I are out for a meal tonight with Luke and his new girlfriend to celebrate our 30th anniversary which is tomorrow.
    Have a good day everyone
    Sending hugs to all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Gorgeous robin card Lilian and fabulous bookmarks Sonia. Hope you both having a good day.
    So sorry to hear about Haze Sandra. Sadly it's probably only one solution. Especially if he suffering.
    We did a bit of gardening today. The weather was perfect for it but I'm now in agony and won't be moving very far. How I hate my body at times. My eyes keep shutting so going for a nap.
    Love and hugs to you all, Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your creations today ladies.❤️
    really sorry to hear about Haze, it is so painful to see your pets suffer, they become part of the family and when they suffer it affects the whole family.
    Karen its lovely Team Gary still meet up in his memory he must have been a great young man, and certainly had lots of caring friends who treasure his memory.
    Maria hope you have rested after all that gardening, take care.
    Sonia have a lovely 30th anniversary and enjoy your meal with Luke and his girlfriend.
    Haven’t done anything much today after all the traveling up to Leicestershire yesterday. The M1 had delays going up and coming back. I just felt sorry for daughter who did all the driving she held up very well. It was lovely our other daughter came up on the train so my sister had both of her nieces and a great niece there. On the return journey we dropped her off home in Essex.
    Goodnight everyone, love Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete