Pages

▼

Tuesday, 29 September 2026

My first "Old /New" Challenge card

 


Good Morning Ladies,  

Well I did finally get around to making a card,  it took me most of the day as I was busy on the phone on and off for an hour or so, trying to find the right department at the right hospital 🙄,  that's the problem with being referred out of your area.  I think they originally referred me to Warwick/Stratford & Coventry because I had been to the surgery in February or March after having that Endoscopy,  the GP I saw confirmed that I had a Hernia but wasn't sure which type.  I left the surgery waiting for a referral and around 8 months later while on a phone consultation with GP about bladder issues I said how disappointed I was that I had heard nothing more about Hernia and told her that the GP I saw actually wrote on my notes that he would update me in 3 weeks.   

She could clearly see that nothing was done so I think she referred me to the hospital with the shortest wait list.   It is totally out of our NHS (Gloucestershire).  Which is ok apart from the fact that they have no access to any of your medical records.   The surgeon I saw was so lovely though, so fingers crossed all will be well,  Surgery is booked for late October. 


This is such an important reminder, if you don't take care of your mental health it will eventually affect your physical health.  It is very hard to manage though.  😘

I finally managed to sit and create something yesterday,  for our new Challenge I picked the papers I got on Friday from Stampin Up and for the old I used Arch dies that I bought in a Spellbinders sale a few years ago and I'm not sure I have ever used them either 🙄,  the Embossing folder is old too, as is that narrow crocheted lace.  

I hope that you all have a good day, 

Love & hugs to all,

Sandra xxx


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I love the arch idea, makes it look so different from a rectangle and a lovely change
    Great reminder We really do need to take care of our mental health
    Hope the surgery goes well Don’t quote me - I may be totally wrong but each hospital should be able to access what is called your SCR, your Summary Care Record which might include enough information for them
    Take care everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card today, love the arch die.
    A wonderful reminder for us all 🥰
    Hoping all goes well with your surgery at the end of October 🥰
    Have a relaxing day today
    Sending hugs to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone
    Off to bed in a moment but had to say first how much I like this card. I thought it was a teddy with it's cosy blanket around it's body 🤭
    Good reminder to us all.
    Sorry I missed to pop in yesterday but the day just went and I can't hardly remember what we were up to. Think it was Waitrose and a little walk outside the area. Back home I started to make a card for mums upcoming birthday. Have a few more needed so hopefully I can get them done tomorrow so OH can send them for me while I'm away.
    Hope you all had a nice day. Good night. Hugs to you all,Maria xx

    ReplyDelete